White Rose Classic - lost Garmin car park exit

getprg
getprg Posts: 245
edited June 2012 in The cake stop
I don't suppose..............be honest with self - I'm an even bigger plonker than I thought.

I lost my Garmin (705) off the car roof (yes you heard correctly) leaving WRC main car park exit at around 1.30 pm (followed out by Volvo Estate and a Zafira trying to get in).

I had finished the ride at 1 pm (medium route) - packed away everything...........except my Garmin - left on car roof. Pull out of main car park and hear clatter - think nothing of it.

Get home too knackered to clean bike or anything.

Just about to go to bed - so tidy up mess - no Garmin. 2 years of training data fortunately backed up.

Have emailed Ilkley Cycling Club administrator address. Any other ideas?

Fantastic event by the way.

:cry:

Comments

• getprg
    Just received email back from Alison at Ilkley Cycling Club - Garmin (somewhat mangled) found and ready for collection - how efficient is that!

Well done Ilkley Cycling Club.
  • getprg
    Oops - forgetting my manners - a big thanks to whoever (or should that be whomever?) risked their life picking it up off the road and then was thoughtful enough to hand it in - even when damaged.

My faith in human nature remains intact.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Garmin do a replacement service for damaged/broken units. Basically they replace it if it's out of warranty (for a fee).

Deppending on how fooked it is that might help.
  • getprg
    Thanks - that's a really useful tip. My Monday just gets better and better.

In these times of austerity blah di blah unsolicited tips like this make this adopted yorkshireman feel good to have his wallet sewn into his liberty bodice.

I have checked online and found Garmin UK customer service on a freephone too! Phone (freephone from UK landline): 0808 238 0000. Just need to see the Garmin itself to see how poorly it is.

How good is all this news - at this rate I might still have change out of half a crown to pay for my club membership.

Mind you the perfect excuse for a new Garmin Edge 800 is evaporating.....................
  • getprg
    Obituary Garmin Edge

Died in infancy (at just 2 years old) on 17 June 2012 in Ilkley Yorkshire from injuries sustained falling from car. Suffered severe lacerations and extensive internal injuries resulting in terminal death(of USB connection). Remains will be returned to natural parents in Southampton.

Contact with natural parents indicates that another identical twin can be adopted as a replacement after payment of £102.12 with a warning to be a more responsible parent in future.
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    ^^^^^
    I like that, it made me chuckle :lol: