Want to do both

MrCubeLtd
MrCubeLtd Posts: 192
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
Hello,
I currently ride a mountain bike and would like to get a road bike as well. So that riding 6 days a week - 3 mountain bike and 3 days road.

My reason for this is to build up stamina, endurance and give me the best of both worlds.

What is a good place to start bikewise. Is second hand for a good bike a good start? What should I look out for?
I'm pedalling as fast as I can!

Comments

• outcastjack
    outcastjack Posts: 237
    If you have the time and inclination then I would suggest building one yourself, It is quite a nice feeling knowing there is no other bike in the world like your own.

failing that, a second hand bike is quite a good bet, it is amazing how many basically unused bikes, bought by people who decide to lose weight but instead lose interest are doing the rounds.
  • Second Hand :mrgreen:

I started out with a 3 mth old Hard tail because I didn't know what I wanted.
    I've just bought a Road bike which is about 18mths old that had done less than 50 miles.

I bought them both from a popular auction site by putting in very cheeky offers so if I decide to sell either I won't be out of pocket too much (hopefully).

I like the idea of building my own but I want to get some mileage in first as I don't want to invest serious money on something that is less than perfect.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul