demo, test ride at Evans cycles

john2002
john2002 Posts: 158
edited June 2012 in MTB general
Hello. I’m living outside of the UK now but I will be back in the UK for a few weeks at the end of the month.
I would like to go for ride with my brother but I don’t have a bike. I want to be a bit cheeky and take a bike for a test ride from Evans cycles for the day. (I brought my bike from them last year and I plan on buy a helmet and pads from them also on this visit) any now to my question has any one taken the bike out for a test ride. On the web site it just says’s you need ID and debit card is this correct http://www.evanscycles.com/help/test-ride-policy. Do they charge you for the test ride, and how much if they do? And can I take the bike away to my local trials for the day?
GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc 2011, Fixie, frankenbike

Comments

• ThanksBye
    ThanksBye Posts: 519
    They take a penny off a debit or credit card,and your allowed it for half hour, on pavement use ie not to get the bike dirty. You sign a disclamier agreeing to this.

Jon
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • john2002
    john2002 Posts: 158
    OK, their goes my plans. :( thanks for the quick reply. Any one know if I can hire a bike for the day near lakeside shopping center.
    GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc 2011, Fixie, frankenbike
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Plenty of places will let you demo a bike for around £40 a day. No idea where Lakeside is but google might help.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools