Close encounter

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,768
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
Took the kids up to Richmond Park earlier today. We were chilling out in some trees when a nearby herd of deer decided to move. They passed right by where we were, my son probably could have touched them had he been so inclined.
598416_334396143303874_1356505089_n.jpg
Can't say we get that close very often.

Comments

• msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    Great pic. And that tree looks ace for climbing lol :)
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    Lap times?
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Fantastic!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I put my kids in that tree, too!
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • veronese68
    Thanks all. 'Tis a lovely spot there. The park was quite busy so we went to one of the kids' favourite climbing spots, and just sat in the trees watching the world go by. I think the deer moved because of all of the people stopping to look at them, the people inevitably move closer and eventually the deer move away. They stayed just above where we were until some fool went jogging right through the middle of them causing them to scatter. My son shouted "Fenton!" at the bloke.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Cor, amazing. Were they aggressive towards you both?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • If he'd watched enough cowboy movies, he'd have jumped off the tree and landed on that stag.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Reminds me of "First Blood" where Stallone drops out of the tree onto a wild pig and stabs it with a sharpened staff....
  • veronese68
    We did later discuss jumping on it's back and holding on to the antlers for grim death. Whilst we both laughed even at 13 he was well aware that it would probably end in tears. He's got a lot more sense than me.