Mondraker foxy r

Sam J
Sam J Posts: 35
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys , I'm considering buying one of these within the next couple of months and was wondering whether anyone on here owns or has ridden one. If so, how did you find the build quality and the riding experience in general. I've done various searches online and it seems to be pretty difficult to find any info on it .

I will obviously go and test ride one before parting with my cash but the opinions of users are always very handy.

Thanks, Sam.

Comments

• mbroady
    mbroady Posts: 63
    I have a Factor RR Ltd, similar frame, attention to detail and build quality are brilliant. Rides a treat too!
  • Sam J
    Thanks for the reply Mbroady. That's good to hear that yours is living up to expectations. How long have you owned your factor for ?
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Why are you so set on a bike that you know little about, and have never ridden, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Sam J
    Im not set on it yet but I guess the attraction of the foxy is that I like the styling and also the fact that they seem a bit scarce on the trails, a bit of individuality I suppose.

Although without asking any questions to users of the brand for unbiased opinions it will be difficult to gauge how good a bike it is. Obviously I will test ride it and make my own mind up if and when it comes to it.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Fair enough, the scarcity can make something desirable. However, bear in mind that most people who've paid money for something will tell you it is the greatest thing ever. It's human nature to kind of convince yourself that you made the right choice.
    And with Mondrakers being so scarce, it's going to be hard to build up an honest appraisal of them, compared to more common brands.
    You may also come a little unstuck if you damage the frame in some way and need a replacement swingarm or something, or need to make some kind of warranty claim.
  • Sam J
    I know what you're saying, its one of the reasons I haven't asked which bike to get for the money I've got, as I would get a list of what everyone else owns. :lol:

After doing a search on here there is quite a bit of info, a lot more than I found through google anyway. Most of them are good but a common fault on older bikes is that the pivot bolts come loose! Not good , although this has hopefully been addressed by now. At least with buying new I will have the 12 month guarantee with the shop , should any faults arise and if I decide to get one.

I can see your point of the scarcity of obtaining spares being an issue though and is something I will have to look into . I have a couple of months to decide , so hopefully I make the right choice, whether it be this bike or another.
  • Sam J
    Are these really that thin on the ground, surely someone must have one ?