Fathers day Sunday thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,886
edited June 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning

Drinking tea in the hope it will remove my hangover, doubt it will

Today is study and then over to my parents, with grandparents, etc. must avoid wine as I need to study later - got the feeling I will fail though

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning men (and foxc)
    Well, I have work this morning, and then this afternoon I will be waiting for the RAC man to come and see if my car is fecked or not. Considering I'm still paying for the car, it better not be! It only has to survive till February then I can get rid of the thing!

I don't think today will be a good day.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Bad times about the car KM

'Ning
    Today I have whiplash after losing the front wheel on a tiny patch of grass.
    TFN has gone for a big ride with the boys, which leaves me alone in his house... Mwahahaha!
    Off to Manchester in a bit to hear the Dalai Lama talk about "real change happens in the heart"
    Then it's off home. Weekends are far too short.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    It's fathers day, I'm a dad so what do I want to do? Get away on my bike for a few hours. What does the wife think we should do? Do something as a family. Grr, my day, I should choose. Oh well, it's always good watching my 1yo perfecting his zombie walk.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,886
    oodboo - its worse at my house, no bacon & the wife is too hungover to go and get some :(
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    I have some left due to yesterdays bonus bacons. Just enough for me :)

To the grill.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Greetings Maggots,

Up and about early today, called the old man and wished him happy father's day, etc..
    Got an old army buddy coming over for a visit today, he's based at the Foreign Legion garrison in Strasbourg, we'll reminisce over the African conflicts we partook in in the 80's and 90's when I was an "advisor" and he was [and still is] with the FFL. Probably shock the crap out of Anna, but to be honest, I miss all that excitement and the acrid smell of cordite.

My last weekend in the land of the frog, then off to Africa for 9 or so months, I may just return back to France for good. This has been one mofo interesting year so far :¬)

Wishing you all a great Sunday

Over and Out...
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Flatmate's birthday last night. His girlfriend went psycho crazy at me, several times last night, and again this morning, for buying him a drink...

She's got to go. Anyone not filled a ditch for a while? :lol:
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Watching MotoGp today, and finally getting round to replacing my borked freehub.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Obviously it Sunday, my bad :oops:

But still...

By Christ, bugger your nice watches and Foxc's ars*, HELLO SANE PEOPLE!!!

I feel like I've been morphed into another world over on what was CS. Oh the comforting diatribe and abuse that is CC, I miss it so much.

Guess I need to C&C this into the Sunday thread, I think, is it actually Sunday>?

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,723
    Evening Mongs,

Back from Cwmcarn where I managed to stack it doing a fair rate of knots and fark up my hand, so only got 5 runs in. Still, was good while it lasted. Met Northern Monkey and couple of other forumites while I was so there so not a bad day considering I'm now the one-armed bandit for a week or so :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • OCLV74
    OCLV74 Posts: 53
    Better half worked all day so I ended up with my two daughters, from 7 am to 8pm :P So I figured as it's father's day we should 'do' father-daughter stuff.. We did loads today, and my one year old finished by standing by herself and clapping lol.. Best father's day tbh, me and the girls, now if I can fit bikes into the mix, I'll be sorted :P Still smiling about today now.. and no bike miles recorded :/ Gah.... thinking luddite already.. but heck, if you can have 2 kids under 4 and still have a great day.. it can't all be bad?
    It is written in The Bible, wasps were born from Satan's butthole and must be cleansed with fire, firearms, or vacuum cleaners.