Pozzo lighting them up...

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited June 2012 in Pro race
...in Solvenia!

Jani attacked and Poz went with him 40 odd km from the finish on a cat 1 climb distancing an already select group, including Rambo and the Killer.

They held them off with Poz taking the sprint and the next coming in 1.47 down. The next group came in 5.13 down!

Great work by that little fellow and nice to see them make a move from quite a way.

He takes the leaders jersey tomorrow and although he is better than he looks at the TT, I guess Jani will beat him in the 17km TT tomorrow.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Nairo Quintana took to the Tourmalet and battered everyone in the Pyrenees in the Route du Sud today as well. A bright future for the 22 year old. Finished ahead of second placed Charteau by a minute. Voeckler and Dupont amongst others rolling in behind.

JTL was riding, first race back from injury, finished 20 minutes down. :(
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    So that's the Joux Plane and the Tourmalet he's won on in a week? Wow.

Although Dan Martin beat Chrisotpe Moreau in the Route du Sud in 08 (maybe 09) and has hardly lit up the GTs since.

Also, I thought JTL was World Champ-elect, what's he doing finishing that far down for?
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Also, I thought JTL was World Champ-elect, what's he doing finishing that far down for?

Blimey, give him a break: that was a 200km stage that included the Tourmalet...

While others, including winner Quintana, were in the high Alps at the Dauphiné, etc, JTL was probably in the spare room at home on the Turbo... you know, next to the boxes of Christmas decorations, copies of Cycling Weekly from 2006 that he keeps meaning to throw out, that broken lamp-shade that one day he hopes to fix... Etc.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    Quintana Vs Pozzovivo... There's a mountain clash I'd watch.
  • frenchfighter
    Wow, that is a solid win by Quint! Looks like a hard stage with so many time time checks and the first bunch of riders all riding solo. He can descend pretty well also which is a good sign. Will be interested to see what jtl/endura are saying. Yes, as far as I am aware he has been on the trainer the entire time for some reason so very far from ideal prep - 20mins is prolly a pretty good time.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Fair.

So, a month on the turbo isn't ideal prep for 215k in the pyrenees and over 4000m climbing. Satisfied with the ride considering the setback
    -From his twitter
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Jani takes the overall by 6 secs. Impressive TT from the little man.

1 Kristijan Koren (Slo) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:20:31
    2 Adriano Malori (Ita) Lampre - ISD 0:00:01
    3 Daryl Impey (RSA) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team 0:00:17
    4 Michael Hepburn (Aus) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team 0:00:24
    5 Jens Mouris (Ned) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team 0:00:25
    6 Janez Brajkovic (Slo) Astana Pro Team 0:00:33
    7 Sam Bewley (NZl) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team 0:00:37
    8 Maciej Bodnar (Pol) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:00:38
    9 Brett Lancaster (Aus) Orica GreenEdge Cycling Team
    10 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) Colnago - CSF Inox 0:00:43
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Voeckler has a knee inflamation resulting in a full week off. Not ideal with the Tour so close.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/voeckle ... n-in-doubt
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Remarkable
    Remarkable Posts: 187
    Voeckler has a knee inflamation resulting in a full week off. Not ideal with the Tour so close.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/voeckle ... n-in-doubt

Its a shame, all the tour regulars seem to be in problems this year. On the plus side, he's had quite a busy early season so maybe a little extra rest mightn't hurt.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    On the contrary, I think it will make the racing better, with more riders thinking "I could have a go here"