Renthal MTB grips = AWESOME

steelie600
steelie600 Posts: 519
edited November 2012 in MTB general
Just a quick line guys to add the fatmans seal of approval for Renthal MTB grips

Just bought a couple of pairs for Ralph and the shed and as usual with Renthal products they do not dis-appoint

They come with nice, if a little cheap looking, bar plugs, but they do what it says on the tin, and the grips themselves come in 3 compounds, soft, medium and hard. I opted for hards due to previous experience with Renthal grips on my race baikes back in the day, the softs do wear out flippin quick!

Ive fitted these using the old fabled hairspray technique and all I gan say is wow! theyre so grippy its not even fair. I darent not wear gloves with them as theyll have my palms in blisters in no time. But are nice and soft to the touch and unless you actually, and purposefully let go your hands are going no where. Done some light off road today in and around Crewe and couldnt budge my hands even when descending some steps at the bus station!!

So from me its 9/10 would get 10 if the end plugs were a bit better quality!
Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I've sworn never to use non lock-ons again. What a pain when you want to take stuff off the bars and none have ever survived much bad weather (just begin to swivel on the bars endlessly).

If they did them in lock on they would be my next grip.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Totally this. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    Yep fully agree they would be the perfect grips if lock on, but I do so hope they dont start with the twisting. Never had that problem on my motorbikes with the Renthals, I suppose only time will tell with the MTB grips.
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    There's Renthal kevlar lock-on grips coming soon. Pics and article on development in Dirt.

So that's soft, grippy, long lasting and lock-on.

Odd colour though. Sort of looks like they should glow in the dark.

They don't.
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    There's Renthal kevlar lock-on grips coming soon. Pics and article on development in Dirt.

They don't.

That would be awesome for night rides!
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • There's Renthal kevlar lock-on grips coming soon. Pics and article on development in Dirt.

They don't.
    They're out now. I've got hold of a set of the kevlar lock ons from Leisure Lakes
  • Bit of lockwire round the Renthals Mr Steelie, always works in roadracing eh :wink:
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798

They don't.
    They're out now. I've got hold of a set of the kevlar lock ons from Leisure Lakes
    This thread confused me until i saw that it had been resurrected. One of the lads I ride with has some lock-on ones now. Didn't bother trying them, I've not had a problem with superstar ones. But yeah, I'd never touch non-lock-on grips.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5