Fox Launch Pro good knee pads?

dubcat
dubcat Posts: 754
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi, I mostly ride cross country but I would like to ride more technical stuff at Surrey Hills. I would like to have some knee pads but have no clue which ones to get. The Fox Launch Pro seem to be in the right price range at £40 to £45. Are they any good? Is there anything better for the money? eg one of the sixsixone pads...
Thanks,
Dub
p.s. need to know asap as mrs wants to buy them for fathers day - i told her i don't mind if they come later. hope someone can help.
2010 Specialized Rockhopper
2012 Bianchi Infinito

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    I swear by them, loads of protection and very comfy.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • dubcat
    Do you reckon you could do a 3-6hr xc ride in them or is that asking too much of any knee pad?
    2012 Bianchi Infinito
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    +1 they are most excellent.

A bit tight to begin with but otherwise very comfortable. Theres a big cutout behind the knee and the clever design means there is an airgap between the outer shell and your kneecap.

Have tested them a few times they definitely work

Edit: i use them all year round for 2-5hr trail rides they quickly bed in and you only know youre wearing them like you know youre wearing undercrackers i feel naked without them now
  • dubcat
    Sweet! will get them tomorrow. Wiggle and Chain Reaction are out of stock - one of them says that these are actually discontinued. Anyone know why? Are they going to launch a 2013 or something now!? Evans have them and their warehouse is actually my LBS lol. I am defo going to get some tomorrow now.
    Thanks guys :)
    2012 Bianchi Infinito