Look 585

turneround
turneround Posts: 83
edited August 2012 in Your road bikes
first Look was a KG96 back in the early 90's. went all ti then but now back to carbon. Probably the best fitting bike ive owned, climbs like the proverbial goat, noce and light and well, i do think she is a 'looker'

7375434926_b37de22414.jpg

Frame: Look 585 origin small

Forks: look HS5
Bars: Easton ec90
Stem: easton EC90SL
Headset: Look
Bar Tape: easton

Shifters: SRAM force 2011
Front Caliper: EEcyleworks
Rear Caliper:EEcycleworks
Cables:NOKON
Front Mech:SRAM force
Rear Mech: SRAM RED

Seat: FIZIK Arion carbon
Seat Post: Look
Seat Post Clamp:Look

Cranks:Rotor 3D ti
Chainring(s): Rotor Q-ring (2 sets, 1 compact 1 normal)
Chain: KMC X10SL gold
CassetteShimano Dura Ace (x 3 depending on use + which ratio to use)
Pedals: Look Keo Blade carbon
Bottom Bracket: Chris king ceramic

Wheelset 1:
Rim: ambrisio excellight
Spokes: Sapim cx ray
Hub:chris king R45 ceramic
Tube: bog standard
Tire: varies

Wheelset 2
Spinergy stealth PBO carbon

Accessories:
Arundel carbon cages, ti bolts throughout, TUNE ti skewers
Moots Routt RSL -summer days
Moots Farwell - trail
Lynskey GR270 ti- gravel
Ibis Mojo HD3 - rough stuff

Comments

• galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    That's a beaut and in my size too, can I have a go sometime ?
    EC90 SLX3 bars I reckon ? (I have a pair too)
    How do you like them Spinergys ?
    Are they the full carbon or alloy rimmed flavour ?
    Have you a weight ?
    Long considered a pair but a big investment for an ordinary (non-racer) for rider like myself.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • turneround
    turneround Posts: 83
    Cheers, glad you like her, if you're ever in the highlands drop me an email and you have a wee look and yep,SLX3 - :)

spinergy's are the alloy rim version, didnt want the hassle of chaning pads over when i changed the wheels (and saved a packet as i got them sent from a mate in the states), thing i'm really impressed with is the fact that they have stayed true after some really nasty pot hole hits and hard riding, almost indestructible i recoc.

Ive been through spesh, de rosa, litespeed, lynskey, moots,and pinarello and i must admit i think ive hit the jackpot with the Look. The ride feels just perfect, light, fantastic power transfer - almost instant esp with the king wheelset - i went through the competitive cyclist bike fit thingy (as i live in the highlands where no shop does bike fit) and the stats are almost matching for the build i have on the look...maybe i've just found the perfect fit.

weight wise, i'll pop it on the scales later but she's soooo much lighter than the vortex it replaced.

upgrades, well may swap out the seatpost for a AX-lightness and maybe change the shifters to red but not convinced the minimal gain over the force is worth the extra dosh :)
    Moots Farwell - trail
    Lynskey GR270 ti- gravel
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Yep I have had my 585 Original for just over 2 years now, superb bike, great for climbing, stable and value for money.

Before building mine I weighed the frame at 940g for a 53cm sloping.

Mines now going to my future son-in-law to make way for my C59, just hope I won't regret it!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Sameish year as my 585 Optimum (in special order white) by the look of it.

One thing that's always nice about Looks - the specs are always different. The only thing we share (aside from the Look bits) is the Arione and even that's not the same model!

Can't say those black and white cable outers work for me though. :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    spasypaddy wrote:
    moth to a flame!

stunning!

You've missed one :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • just come back from a month in the alps - alpe d'huez (57min 16sec), croix der fer (1hr 37mins) galibier (not telling you, it was supa hot) etc etc. bike helped me get my out of shape ar$e up them hills (knee injury has knocked proper riding on the head for a yr now :(). climbed superb, took me up to 91kms on the decents without me kackin it. yep love it. saw some lovely 695's doing a triathlon event and i gotta say, my head wasnt turned (that much!)
    Moots Farwell - trail
    Lynskey GR270 ti- gravel
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Yes!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/