Bike Computers with HRM? Neos Pro & Garmin Edge 500

Boabie38
Boabie38 Posts: 27
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
Im looking for a HRM and cadence compatible computer to go on my shiny new Giant TCR.

Have been looking at the Giant Neos Pro + (cant find any reviews) and the Garmin Edge 500 HRM. Is the Garmin really worth an extra £120 for GPS

Anyone had any experience of either of these units or can you recommend any other units I can have a look at.

Thanks

Mark

Comments

• Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Does it need to be GPS?

There are another alternative brand called Bryton which I have seen other people use. If it is just HRM and Cadence then a standard computer could be bought for around £40 to do the job.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Garz wrote:
    Does it need to be GPS?

There are another alternative brand called Bryton which I have seen other people use. If it is just HRM and Cadence then a standard computer could be bought for around £40 to do the job.

The Bryton 20 (with HRM) looks good too, reasonable price with GPS (that works with Strava, etc.) and can be upgraded with a cadence sensor. All in about £150. Its on my list of things to treat myself to :)
  • Boabie38
    Boabie38 Posts: 27
    Cheers guys liking the look of the 35. That should save me £80 on the Garmin 500.

Bobbinogs - Got to love leckhampton and Cleeve Hills.