tyre problems

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited June 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
i have brought some schwalbe city jets they are the wire bead ones 26x1.95 they came to me as a pair in a figure of 8 :shock: and now they are on my wheels dt swiss 445d and have been for a week now but it looks like the wheels are buckeld but its the tyres as the wheels are true.im asuming this is because they wer in a figure of 8???

i went to my lbs to order a bb (needed) and also asked them about the tyres they said if you take them off and put washing up liguid with some water on the rim and tyre and inflate to 70-80 psi the tyre will move in to place.
will the tube and tyre take this psi as it says on the side wall 30-60psi or will it go bang? im not convinced it will take that sort of psi also both the tubes are presta and i think its 1.75 not 100% on the size

whats you view on this and do you have any other ideas to stop the buckeld wheel look lol
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Deflate to about 5-10 psi. Spin the wheel in your hand and look for bulges in the tyre. You should be able to see where the tyre doesn't follow the rim. Manhandle it until it sits properly. Inflate to no more than 60psi (about 50 is fine)
  • sigorman85
    cheers mate but i basicly done this at the start will try again as used them for a week so mighty have weakend them a bit
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• 386ka
    386ka Posts: 479
    No, they are probably fine.
    But I would add: Deflate them almost fully, put water and washing up liquid on the tyre and rim, then inflate to 4 bars.

Then, deflate to your riding pressure.
    A much loved, Giant Trance X3 2010
  • sigorman85
    will they take that kind of pressure? as that is over 60psi

• DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    My 26 x 1.95 City Jets came like this and when I opened the package I thought Wtf lol

The wire seemed bent to me. Put them on and inflated and was fine straight away.
  • the wife's commuter has nutrak(sp??) slicks on it, std mtb presta tubes inflated to 80 psi, they are absolutely fine,
    quite often to get tubless to seat you whack em up to 60psi, a lot of thr guys i know that commute on their mtb's and cant be bothered to swap tyres over pump the tyres up to 50-60psi, tyres will take it fine,
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • sigorman85
    i no what you me dandax with the bend mine has gone back in to place they just not on rite im going to try the 60 psi as they are at 50 at the mo then if that fails water and washing up liquid then 8opsi if they pop the lbs will get a call lol

• 386ka
    386ka Posts: 479
    Just do the water and washing up liquid + 4 BAR of pressure. And don't use 'txt' talk, my eyes hurt. :( It's against the rules as well..
    A much loved, Giant Trance X3 2010