moving to north east London, need to find club

Eyon
Eyon Posts: 623
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
Hi,

I'm moving to north east London for a few months this summer and am looking for a group to ride with. I don't mean racing training, just rides out. I'm in the romford area/chigwell area.

Any groups or clubs doing mid week rides???

Thanks
Ian

Comments

• turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    Eyon wrote:
    Hi,

I'm moving to north east London for a few months this summer and am looking for a group to ride with. I don't mean racing training, just rides out. I'm in the romford area/chigwell area.

Any groups or clubs doing mid week rides???

Thanks
    Ian

There are a load of clubs Essex way; one group go out Sunday from Waltham Forest way....proper early tho...I need my lyin !
    Your in a good location to head out north...I live fair bit to the south from you and head north out towards Chigwell...once your over the A12 your sorted :-). Check out Redbridge cycle centre....proper track on the side of a hill...all good fun :-) and they race every week.
  • Eyon
    Thanks for the reply. The redbridge cycle centre looks ideal actually, pretty local. I'm not going to have the time to go for 4 hour long weekend rides, more just an hour here and an hour there, so this might work out well for me. I can even have a blast on the mountain bike whilst I'm there!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    mid week summertime allows for a longish evening ride. what will be you starting point [google map location] I'll see if I can help you out

there are a surprising number of guys on the road midweek

a 1 hour ride starting in Romford doesn't get you far out of town chigwell more so.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Eyon
    I am actually at Staplefield Aerodrome. I see a lot of guys cycling in the area which is what got me thinking!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    Eyon wrote:
    I am actually at Staplefield Aerodrome. I see a lot of guys cycling in the area which is what got me thinking!

what you doing there?

well you are right in it.... basically you are located in the gateway of essex roads. you living there now?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    Eyon wrote:

lol I ride past there on my way back into London ! man you have the best riding in the area on your door step !
    I see loads of people out on their bikes at the weekend (no time in the week to get THAT far out) and reasonably quiet...enjoy :D
  • dave35
    dave35 Posts: 1,124
    Drop me a p.m,i'm near to you and used to work at the cycle centre-i'll always meet you for an hours spin around that way.