What 2nd hand bike

wpaul1982
wpaul1982 Posts: 4
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
hi board, im after some help i mainly ride woburn and cannock and am after my 1st serious full sus bike

i have about 1k to spend and have been thinking rightly or wrongly i would rather get a 2k bike thats a few yrs old off ebay etc for a 1k then spend a 1k on a new one, good trail of thought??

what bikes would people recommend to look at that offeer good value 2nd hand??

Comments

• wpaul1982
    wpaul1982 Posts: 4
    or am i better off getting the canyon nerve xc 6 for 1k and slowly upgrading the parts??

HELP LOL
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you are confident enough to do any work on a used bike, then it will always offer the best value for money over a new bike, although beware getting one that was relatively poorly specced from new!

If you have to pay a bike shop, go new, fixing a bike up and cost a lot, especially a full sus!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Second hand in theory gets you a more expensive bike, but it comes with wear n tear so you might be spending money sooner rather than later after purchase.

I'd check out older stock, paulscycles and ashcycles have a fair bit of 2010/11 stock although not sure whats there for your requirements

I recently got a 2010 Spesh Picth Comp, dleivered for just under a grand - maybe not the best bike or spec i could have bought for the money, but its brand new, good enough spec for me for the foreseeable future and i have don't have to do anythign other than routine cleaning/maintenance