New offices, great facilities

t4tomo
t4tomo Posts: 2,643
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
We moved offices this week so I've gone from having no showers and having to put my bike under the desk to having brand new changing rooms, free towel service, shampoo & shower gel gratis in the showers, lockers and stacks and stacks of bike racks in the basement, smart card access and CCTV monitored. Anyone jealous?

Its not all good, there are rumours that the lockers will be "one hour use only" when the building fills up a bit as to be fair there aren't that many.
Bianchi Infinito CV
Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
Brompton S Type
Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
Gary Fisher Aquila '98
Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem

Comments

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    sounds good, can I just confirm btw with the hive mind, how does the world view the N+1 rule if the one of the +1's never gets stored at home?
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • mattcroad
    mattcroad Posts: 189
    Nope, got all that, and free use of bike fix gear, and on-site bike check-ups twice a year.
    There is a rule for that
    FCN 4 2009 Trek 1.5
    FCN 11 2007 Apollo XC.26s
  • mattcroad
    mattcroad Posts: 189
    sounds good, can I just confirm btw with the hive mind, how does the world view the N+1 rule if the one of the +1's never gets stored at home?

So long as the wife never finds out I think you are OK, actually by default that give you n+2 :lol:
    There is a rule for that
    FCN 4 2009 Trek 1.5
    FCN 11 2007 Apollo XC.26s
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    Our facilities used to be great... unfortunately with the popular cycle to work scheme two showers is simply not enough... could always share the female ones I guess.
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657

Still N+1 IMHO, my boss stores his Quinteroo here and his R3 at home...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • eyko
    eyko Posts: 68
    Can't quite compare to that, but I did manage to convince my boss that the Sheffield stands out front weren't secure so I'm now allowed to put the bike on the fire escape (in a way that doesn't interfere with the need for people to leave naturally).

But somehow after dragging it into the building and up the lift, it never quite manages to make it out of the office and onto the fire escape, instead it just rests by the hot desks behind me :P
    FCN 7