Pain in Left Shoulder area

NITR8s
NITR8s Posts: 688
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
I have been riding now since march and can now do 100k cycles with no real issues, however one thing still causes me trouble which is my left shoulder.

After cycling for a while I get a dull ache, that gets more painfull the longer I cycle. As soon as I stop it eases off, but can feel it twinge every now and again. I have tried shortening my stem and adjusting bar height and saddle position. However, Nothing I do makes a difference.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this, initially I thought it was that I just needed to strengthen up but I know feel that I have done enough cycling that I would be used to it. Its always the left side and the right side is fine, I have checked that the bars are straight and in the middle and cannot see anything wrong there.

Comments

• jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    I have the same issue with my left shoulder - I damaged my shoulders from far too much sport in my 20's and needed operations on both of them. They were fine till a car hit me at 25 mph and now my left shoulder aches after about 40 miles.

All I can say is - get a bike fit - then if it still hurts it is probably an actual problem with the shoulder so then go see the doctor / physio.