I just met Mark Cavendish

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited June 2012 in Pro race
And what a lovely chap he is!

Team Sky are staying in Maastricht for the ZLM Tour and I was in the hotel lobby when he came down for breakfast. Didn't want to delay him but he happily signed my copy of The Rider. :D

Sorry Tusher, but he reports that Peta and Delihla are, "great"!

Was hoping to bump into Jens Voigt but I understand he was outside strangling a pig with his bare hands ready for breakfast.....
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    :mrgreen: (hope that's the jealousy smilie)

............anyway.........more details please? What is he like in the flesh? What was he wearing?
  • pottssteve
    Ah, I wondered when you would bite! :wink:

He looked...very well. Healthy. He'd Tweeted that he was stressing about hair loss so we compared bald patches. I won (but then I'm a few years older!). He was wearing sweat pants and a discrete black Team Sky polo shirt with big, black framed "nerd" glasses, if you know what I mean. I had to look twice to confirm it was him. As I'm sure you're aware, he's not overly tall. He was very polite and charming. Sorry I didn't get a photo, but as I said, he was on his way to breakfast...

I understand that Team GB are staying at the same hotel for the Worlds so maybe our paths will cross again......

Steve
  • Tusher
    sniff............he didn't..........sniff.........mention me then?
  • pottssteve
    Sorry, he didn't sniff or mention you.....
  • Tusher
    (collapses sobbing on to the nearest chaise longue)
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Tusher

Surely you prefer your gentlemen friends to be discrete...
    Half man, Half bike