The Finally Friday Thread

xmadxmoex
xmadxmoex Posts: 135
edited June 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning all.

Only 5 hours left of my shift, got the whole weekend and monday off which should be nice.. if the weather ever improves that is!

Whats everyone else got planned for the wash-out of a weekend were meant to have.

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Pathetic Excuses for Human Beings!

Well, today is Hot Librarians last day. Part of me is a bit sad about this, part of me feels like "I'm freeeeeeee!". I'll be planning with the aids-ridden minion what we're doing over the 'summer' months, and then heading to Bury for the weekend.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Cockjanglers of the crud,
    Big mug of propper coffee down and the eyes are begining to open, hayfever tablet taken and time to do some actual work*
    Nice ride out last night, but worrying leg ache this morning. doesnt bode well for the 200miles were doing in a couple of weeks!!
    Anyway todays payday, so inbetween jobs and meetings i will be visiting a few LBS's to see what goodies i can get :D

*see surfing the net for bargains.

Laters poodle sniffers
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola! weasels!

finished work up lincoln way after 11 years, got a few weeks loafing in france in a tent and then start down south wales way first week of july. Fun times!

have missed hearing all your monking and moaning as have been wi fi free, but good to return here on a friday as its TFIBD (thank f00k its bacons day) everyone is happy! even me!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,887
    Today, rather than legal or audit people I have the pleasure of tax people. Therefore today is meh
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Exam, again. Arse.

Laters
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Morning homos!

Who's going on holiday in the morning????

This guy! :D

Laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    xmadxmoex wrote:
    Morning all.

Only 5 hours left of my shift, got the whole weekend and monday off which should be nice.. if the weather ever improves that is!

Whats everyone else got planned for the wash-out of a weekend were meant to have.

Morning threads start when you wake up. Staying awake past midnight isn't big and it's not clevor.

Mornin' c***s
    27550_140874539269488_8975_n.jpg

Today is full fry-up day, however the canteen appears to have b*****ed about with the menu, so we're not certain what'll be of offer when we get there. Bacons will feature, definately, otherwise some catering manageress will find herself not waking up in a ditch, in the traditional style.

After the consumption of baconous noms, I shall avail myself to finding new and exciting ways to destroy carbon composites in the name of engineering. I'd prefer it to be in the name of Bianca Beauchamp, but apprently senior mangement take a dim veiw of that sort of s**t. I honestly doubt she'd be that interested, either. Cracking tits, though.

However, as the canteen opens in 30 mins and I'm flagging now, I'm going for a caffiene jolt. Anyone else want one, seeing as I'm heading that way?

Onwards! To what passes as 'coffee' in these parts!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Salutations Maggots,

What a lovely day so far, 09h45 and the sun is blazing! Going to be a scorcher here today
    And what a great day to visit the car museum for a photo opportunity...

Have a great day all...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,732
    Morning Sausage Jockeys,

The job search is going slowly so looks like I will be a free man for a bit longer. Off to Bluewater today to be dragged around shops and hopefully not spend too much, then it'll be the usual tense 90 minutes watching England play Sweden later on. Bike has already been fettled for the weekend :) , just need to give it a quick ride to make sure the indexing is OK.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Morning all,

Quick couple of hour's work at home then off to see a customer with one of my salesmen to try to win a £2.4million deal - exciting as I've got a good feeling about it :D

Quick hour out local on the bike last night, practicing drops - it's amazing what a little bit of coaching can do (did the Jumps & Drops course at Cannock DH tracks with The Bike School a few weekends ago), stuff I used to ride around is no issue what-so-ever now :lol:

Anyway, best ring the boss and tell him how yesterday's meeting went and this coffee ain't gonna drink itself.

Enjoy!!
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Morning gimptards,

I'm the only one in my team thats at work today, so I'll be busy looking at random crap online and trying to find out why Evans don't have my order (that I placed on 9th June) on their systems (Similarly, I ordered a bike from them for the o/h a while back - after 3 weeks, countless calls saying that they actually don't have the bike in stock, the bike has been sold to someone else etc, the bike arrived.. built in store, with loose handlebars and the hub gear not indexed properly).

Naturally, I blame Wiggle.

/rant

Anyway, the weekend shall be spent doing yawnsome wedding arrangements, with the slim possibility of a ride. Have a good one, cornholes :)
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    I didn't get rained on, nor did I fall of Trevor last night. Win
    Work today, in which I'm trying to do someone else's job while they're on their hols. Not win
    Cafe bar later to see my mates make acousticy musicy stuff. Win
    Not drinking due to lack of funds. Not win
    Supposed to be heading to Farmer John's in the morning although the weather forecast looks shoot...

Must dash, the muesli bowl is calling.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    Morning gherkin suckers,

Woke up happy :D
    travelled to work happy :D
    cuppa tea happy :D
    start work happy :D
    four people call in sick..... pissed off! :(

This day is going to have to do something pretty epic to get better!

Laters
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • angry_bird
    Well that was horrible, not just for me thankfully but I'm thinking 40-45% if I'm lucky... Few drinks now, and a few more later, then some revision tomorrow, more drinks in the evening, then knuckling down ready for the "practical" exams next week...
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon mongs
    Today has been meh.
    Too much work, haven't managed to have my weekly lunch break, child number 1 sent home from school for throwing a wobbler. Meh meeting later.
    Meh.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    And a good afternoon to y'all gimps and gimp's biatches.

well been rudely woken by the dustmen,w4nk3rs!! went to the fridge and we'v no bacon :shock: so am gonna have words with "dave" when she gets home, things must be looking up at work as they've let me carry on with an nvq in vehicle safety fencing, but i didnt bike in last night, bottled it due to the weather forecast :oops: anyways onwards to food and irn bru
    oh and my dads day pressie came today, some grips from superstar, don't think im spose to know tho :roll:

laters
  • angry_bird
    Well, went to watch the footy, got a lot of free whisky from a mate behind the bar, it was his last shift so he figured why not. Winner.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Morning Pathetic Excuses for Human Beings!

Well, today is Hot Librarians last day. Part of me is a bit sad about this, part of me feels like "I'm freeeeeeee!". I'll be planning with the aids-ridden minion what we're doing over the 'summer' months, and then heading to Bury for the weekend.

Laters!

Why would you want to do that??

Love n hugs

DD

Yeah I know it's now technically Saturday but hey ho...
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Why would I want to head to Bury? Because it's my hometown, my parents are there and I get free meals and booze. I'm currently drunk on whisky watching Radiohead in 1997. Awesomeness is ensuing!

EDIT: Though I do agree, Bury isn't great by a long stretch....
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,887
    Why would I want to head to Bury? Because it's my hometown, my parents are there and I get free meals and booze. I'm currently drunk on whisky watching Radiohead in 1997. Awesomeness is ensuing!

EDIT: Though I do agree, Bury isn't great by a long stretch....

Was listening to radio head from 97 yesterday, epic