Seat clamp size?

DanDax1990
DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys, I have a Voodoo Bokor which has a 27.2 mm Seat Post but I can't find any info on the internet saying the clamp size, I measured it and it measured at 30.31 mm using a vernier at work.

Been told I need a 31.8 mm clamp, Is this correct?

Just not 110% sure if you go a size higher or whatever...

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what does it say on the old one?

if you measured it 30 then 31 should be the correct one.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • DanDax1990
    Doesn't say anything mate, Proper cheap tacky thing lol I'll give 31.8 a crack :)
  • DanDax1990
    Another thing you may know, Will a 'KCNC Top Cap and Star Nut' - 1 1/8" fit my bike ok?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes..... although you already have a star nut! and I have to ask 'why'?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Yes..... although you already have a star nut! and I have to ask 'why'?

I'm guessing bling?
  • DanDax1990
    Bling and because the one I have in now is almost perfectly round... Guy I bought the bike from clearly didn't know how to use an Allen key. So may aswell replace it for a little bit more cost...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Strictly neither top cap nor star nut are the rounded out bolt.....

Have a few spare bolts (and top caps) and 31.8mm clamps if you want some cheap bits (PM me)
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    I replaced my star nut yesterday as the old one was falling to bits. So a new one can be required. But yeah - if it's fine why replace it?
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8