ribble stealth frame photo's

big_p
big_p Posts: 565
edited August 2012 in Workshop
i picked up a stealth frame today to start a christmas build for missy, the first thing i noticed is that it looks like the frame has been changed to accept internal di2 cable routing instead of the barrel adjusters that were near the head tube on what i presume was the older moddel.

the finish on the frame is quite good, the clear coat is nice and even, the graphics are under it and is done in sattin, it's not totaly matt.

photoJPGw.jpg

the size is 46 cm and weigh's in at just shy of 1.2 kg, ribble's web site quotes the 48cm frame as 980g, so thats a load of guff.

photo.jpg

photoJPGu.jpg

as i said it looks like it's di2 ready.

photoJPGs.jpg

photoJPGt.jpg

photoJPGg.jpg

i also got a bag of inserts to change it to cable gear's.

the fork comes in at 400g.

photoJPGq.jpg

any way, have a look.

photoJPGu.jpg

photoJPGt.jpg

photoJPGs.jpg

photoJPGr.jpg

photoJPGp.jpg

photoJPGo.jpg

photoJPGk.jpg

photoJPGj.jpg

photoJPGi.jpg

photoJPGh.jpg

photoJPGf.jpg

photoJPGe.jpg

photoJPGd.jpg

photoJPGa.jpg

photoJPGy.jpg

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    That looks like a lovely frame - well finished.

I trust all the parts are there to convert all the Di2 'slots' to cable ones?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • big_p
    There's a bag of 3 alternate inserts to use with cable gear set up's.
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    Liking that Pete! Very nice! Gotta love the way theyve done the decals too, thats exactly how id do them!

Almost makes me want a road bike, I did say almost............ LOL
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • big_p
    She doesn't know about it, silence please.
  • steelie600
    Secrets safe with me big un! But itll cost ya a cuppa and 3 choccy hobnobs next week! Coming up your way on the mtb will pop in at some point
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • big_p
    Any time you like.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    The bottom bracket shell appears to be lacking threads. Why?
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Herbsman
    Does it take this kind of thing:

threadless-tapered-bottom-bracket-cycling.jpg
    http://www.pro-bike.co.uk/bottom-bracke ... 62109.html

?
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Herbsman
    Oh wait,. I have just learnt of the existence of BB30 press fit bottom brackets. Well.
  • big_p
    yep, bb30, I'll be putting the new sram red on when it comes out in October.
  • mitchgixer6
    mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
    Please share your tips for keeping such big purchases (SRAM Red/frames etc) from the wife? I'm very inexperienced in these ways, but feel I may benefit from a little tutoring!!

Lovely frame BTW, be sure to post up pics when it's built up. What wheels are you going for?
  • big_p
    cash mate, it's the only way. I'm putting mavic r sys sl's clinchers on it. it's going to be a nice bike this one.
  • mitchgixer6
    mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
    big p wrote:
    cash mate, it's the only way. I'm putting mavic r sys sl's clinchers on it. it's going to be a nice bike this one.

That should be a tasty setup indeed!

I actually meant how to you physically hide them?? I can only get away with the smallest of items just now! I think even my non-cyclist wife would notice a new frame in the garage!! :lol:
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    so can you clear some confusion up for me?

have they done away with the old external gear cables and gone internal or is it just di2 wires?
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • big_p
    there are 3 inserts that replace the di2 blanks so you can run full internal gear and break cables.
  • steelie600
    I actually meant how to you physically hide them?? I can only get away with the smallest of items just now! I think even my non-cyclist wife would notice a new frame in the garage!! :lol:

He's a crafty bugger is our Pete!! Thats all you need to know. Plus its probably at his mum's house not at home, simple really. :lol:
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • eede
    eede Posts: 58
    I wonder if they weigh them without the seatpost clamp, allen screws, BB insert and all those Di bits.
    Friend of Herne Hill Velodrome: http://www.hernehillvelodrome.com/friends/
  • big_p
    steelie600 wrote:

He's a crafty bugger is our Pete!! Thats all you need to know. Plus its probably at his mum's house not at home, simple really. :lol:

peter_sellers_inspector_clouseau_pi3.jpg
  • steelie600
    Commissioner Sir Charles Braithwaite: You must trust no one. The viper in our bosom could be anyone.
    Inspector Jacques Clouseau: I suspect everyone!
    Commissioner Sir Charles Braithwaite: You will report only to me.
    Inspector Jacques Clouseau: And what makes you think I trust you?
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • Henry_m1
    Henry_m1 Posts: 5
    Incredibily I got through to ribble on the phone!! (I know :) ) I am told that they are changing the name of the stealth, though the fella was cagey about telling me why. However he told me that some frame sizes are fully internal such as the 48 and 54 and when they sell out of the other non gear internalised batch of stealth's, they will be getting new ones with full internal rear brake and gear cables, in all sizes. Personally I think 'stealthy' looking bikes should have fully internalised cabling so will hold on till the latter part of the year and buy mine with with the force groupset
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    mine arrived today-it sure looks fine

anyone know how to fit a cable guide under the b/b for gear cables-theres gjust a blanking plate there at the mo?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • acidstrato
    did you not get one with the internal cable/di2 plates?

negates the need to guide the cables under neath the bb, they route above the bb inside the frame
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    ah! yes-thats the one- i can see this is going to be fun :D

it would have been nice if ribble supplied cabling instructions with the bag of bits!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • acidstrato
    yeah I agree with you there I'm not realy sure what to do, plenty left to do before running the cables tho so if you do yours anytime soon pm me your findings!
  • big_p
    I've finished the build of this bike now, I've posted the pictures here, viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12870114