merlin what a balls up

acac
acac Posts: 348
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
hi i ordered amelt 3frame size 17 last weekend.
they didnt have any rear hangers on any of them. now they have to order them in, they now took them of there site becouse of this, got them to send frame out anyway got it today. it said on there site disc only and by going by the pic ,but it has brake bosses on it didnt wont them they said there 15inch ones maynot have them on. he said 15inch be ok for me but i think be bit small am 5ft 8 could still keep the 17inch and blank the brake bosses of has any one else got melt 3 with them or with out them thanks
play hard ride hard

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    acac wrote:
    hi i ordered amelt 3frame size 17 last weekend they didnt have any rear hangers on any of them now they have to order them in they now took them of there site becouse of this got them to send frame out anyway got it today it said on there site disc only and by going by the pic but it has brake bosses on it didnt wont them they said there 15inch ones maynot have them on he said 15inch be ok for me but i think be bit small am 5ft 8 could still keep the 17inch and blank the brake bosses of has any one else got melt 3 with them or with out them thanks
    Err. Try some punctuation next time.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    That's the longest sentence I've ever read. Try and read that one one breath..it's doable but panic sets it towards the end
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    What's the message here?

Have they sent you the wrong thing? If so send it back? What's the advice being given or the advice required?
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    So the only issue unsolved is that the frame that fits you has v brake bosses on it and you don't want them? No you cannot buy the wrong size frame... Either live with them or saw them off and paint back over.
  • thelonegroover
    thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
    We don’t like to get too personal on here, but have you tried typing your post in MS Word first, then copy and paste into the post area. It may help with punctuation.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    We don’t like to get too personal on here.

Since when?

We love to get personal on here. We also love to offer advice and opinion. What we don't like though is when someone types out a question like some kind of dememnted ape, meaning you have to read it 5 times in order to understand it.
    We also don't like txt spk, wasps, brussel sprouts or the French.
  • thelonegroover
    thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
    Love 'em or hate 'em but you missed American's.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    We don’t like to get too personal on here, but have you tried typing your post in MS Word first, then copy and paste into the post area. It may help with punctuation.
    Love 'em or hate 'em but you missed American's.

American's what?
    While we're being pedantic.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    acac wrote:
    hi i ordered amelt 3frame size 17 last weekend.
    they didnt have any rear hangers on any of them. now they have to order them in, they now took them of there site becouse of this, got them to send frame out anyway got it today. it said on there site disc only and by going by the pic ,but it has brake bosses on it didnt wont them they said there 15inch ones maynot have them on. he said 15inch be ok for me but i think be bit small am 5ft 8 could still keep the 17inch and blank the brake bosses of has any one else got melt 3 with them or with out them thanks
    so to sum up.

keep the 17" or exchange for the 15"?

what size frame do you normally use?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    At 5'8" most people would want to be on a 15", not saying 17" is wrong for you.........
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • plugp7
    plugp7 Posts: 298
    lookslikeyouhaveaproblemtheremate
    Cotic Soul 26 inch. Whyte T130