Optimum Posting

Redhog14
Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
I am curious as to what people think about the impact of their posts on "Hot Topics" - for example the LA doping thread over on Pro Race is now 15 pages long in less than 24 hours so is there any point in posting on it now, is your view/point/acerbic wit even worth it?

FtT™ started a thread about Wiggo and it ran to an impressive 15 pages too before being hijacked by morons and locked up by Sherriff Chasey so what is the value of adding your opinion at times?

I only read the comedy threads in full - Speedking and Ezy_Rider for example..

Comments

• Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    If a topic has several pages to it before I see it I tend to just read the first few posts to get the gist of the thread. If I feel like I want to post I'll post my opinion directing it at the OP. If I'm in from the off though I'll debate as I see fit.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I started to read the LA thread in ProRace, but got bored. It's the same old same old. Some people think he's guilty, some don't. th eproblem with these threaqds is that you only need one person to bite and respond to a moron's post and the thread descends into chaos. I was going to post on the LA thread, but (as this is the interweb) there are a lot of people who are clearly correct, who will just shout you down and keep going around in circles.

The bottom line is, LA shouldn't be prevented from riding until he's proven guilty. End of.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Redhog14 wrote:
    FtT™ started a thread about Wiggo and it ran to an impressive 15 pages too before being hijacked by morons and locked up by Sherriff Chasey so what is the value of adding your opinion at times?

Ignore the regulars and post your comment. It will be read - it may even be commented on and responded to. If it's someone you're bored with, just ignore it.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I tend to interact better with people on Cake Stop than Pro Race. I've noticed that in Pro Race sensible opinions tend to get ignored and speaking bollox gets a load of replies.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    johnfinch wrote:
    I tend to interact better with people on Cake Stop than Pro Race. I've noticed that in Pro Race sensible opinions tend to get ignored and speaking bollox gets a load of replies.

Welcome to the internet.

Attention seakers
    Post whores
    Flamers
    Trolls
    People who don't read the rules and FAQs
    Grammar Nazis
    People who look for things to be offended by
    etc. etc.

The internets has them all. Which means normal people have to sift through a load of crap to get to anything useful.

Bikeradar is however a surprisingly nice place to be on the internet.. especially when you consider the fact its basically not moderated.

Most forums will shut anything down really quickly... but we're allowed to have a bit of fun with it first on here - which i think is better

My tip is to get in there early before the trolling, flaming, attention seeking, offended people etc.
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    johnfinch wrote:

Welcome to the internet.

Attention seakers
    Post whores
    Flamers
    Trolls
    Grammar Nazis
    etc. etc.

The internets has them all. Which means normal people have to sift through a load of crap to get to anything useful.

Bikeradar is however a surprisingly nice place to be on the internet.. especially when you consider the fact its basically not moderated.

Most forums will shut anything down really quickly... but we're allowed to have a bit of fun with it first on here - which i think is better

My tip is to get in there early before the trolling, flaming, attention seeking, offended people etc.

How very dare you! I is offended! :wink:

For me, the first few pages of any given thread are normally fun/interesting/informative, then the repetition, mis-quotes and accusations set in. As mentioned above though, there are a few classics which are worth trawling through every page!

And once you 'get' some of the in-jokes on here, the randomness starts to make (a little) sense...
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    The Girls in Lycra, Knitwear and Short Skirts could do with trimming down a bit. :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Attention seakers
    Post whores
    Flamers
    Trolls
    Grammar Nazis
    etc. etc.

I'm offended by any mention of the word "Nazi". Oh and by the way it's spelt "seekers"

Dunno what you're talking about anyway!! :P :D :P :lol::lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    The girls in short skirts need shorter skirts
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!