Great Graphics / TdFDopers + ProTour

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited June 2012 in Pro race
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Add a Lance graphic in there now for the fact he has been charged by USADA and its pretty much beyond belief...
  • Yes it is great, although maybe better in the lance thread?
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    And they're just the ones we know about . . .

Is there any real reason to think things are any different now?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,455
    It's also wrong, Heras was banned for 4 years, not 2.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Nice, love a good graphic. Cheers for posting that FF.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    That'd make a great basis for a set of Top Trumps.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    That messy web in between riders on the left and info on the right just shows how dirty those 7 years were.
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    And they're just the ones we know about . . .

Is there any real reason to think things are any different now?
    There is one apparently. The next winner of the Tour just might be a Brit. :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    Just to clarify:

The thing to note from this diagram is that the riders in black: Admitted to doping or were banned or suspended by a sanctioning group for doping; Suspended or fired by their teams or individually withdrew from races for some connection to doping; Were convicted of doping or paid a fine to settle charges related to it. Riders in black did not necessarily test positive in that particular Tour de France.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Great graphic, but look at some of the "clean" characters.

Escartin - Kelme scandal - Jesus Manzano
    Azevedo - in 05 rode for USPS
    Zubeldia - Millar named Jesus Losa as his supplier of EPO
    Toeschtnig - Holzer called him out as having weird blood values
    Perreiro - Rode alongside Hamilton on Phonak. and with the charming Valverde attacked Gilbert for speaking out on dopage
    Schleck - Training plans

Not a pretty sight for cycling/ASO
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • esafosfina
    esafosfina Posts: 131
    What a mess... ffs! Maybe all the 'black-carded' riders could join Rock Racing?
  • frenchfighter
    Those of you that like your graphics and charts will like these. Very well put together.

http://thecycleway.com/?tag=uci-pro-tour
    Contador is the Greatest
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    appletrees wrote:
    I don’t think anything ever happened about Totschnig.

About 5 weeks ago in Austria, Russian cross-country skier Botwinow was sentenced to 4 months prison for basically the same offence as mentioned in the link (i.e. lying about being involved in the Vienna blood-washing business). But he wasn’t found guilty of doping because blood-washing wasn’t on list of prohibited activities at the time, Botwinow was into blood-washing in 2003. He is anyway contesting the verdict.

Totschnig could have testified in Botwinow case, but refused to, in case he incriminated himself.
    If Totschnig’s case ever comes to court, it’ll probably turn out the same.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Those of you that like your graphics and charts will like these. Very well put together.

http://thecycleway.com/?tag=uci-pro-tour

Great site. Really appeals to my inner geek.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Good to know there is a geek and not a chimp in there.
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Cycling weekly did some of these a few years back.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... -2008.html

There is a link to the giro and vuelta top 10s which used to work but doesnt seem to at the moment

This was done back in 2008 so there a few more names we can scrub out, Contador, Valverde, Valjavec, maybe Lance counts now as he has been banned?

2006 looks very clean on the surface but there are a few characters there who have had rumours about them.

I like the top trumps idea - ive thought before that maybe grand tour bingo was a better idea - pick a year and a grand tour and lets see who can the entire top 10 scrubbed out first :)