Picked up my Boardman....yeehah!

Swervin Mervin
Swervin Mervin Posts: 50
edited June 2012 in MTB general
:mrgreen:

Following on from my 'Boardman...would ya' thread....

viewtopic.php?f=20005&t=12858931&p=17668488#p17668488

I picked it up yesterday and after a few problems that to be fair were dealt with VERY well by Halfords, I picked it up AGAIN today and took it out for it's maiden voyage.

All I can say is wow....it's everything I hoped it would be. Fast, smooth, rock solid and precise. Love it!!

It's now available for £559.....which in my opinion is superb value!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165499

Chuffed to bits. :lol:

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    What are you going to use it for?
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    as Bennett_346 says have you got this for commuting/leisure riding or the rough stuff?
    looks like a great bike but not sure how suitable the rigid fork would be for proper off road - intrigued to hear how you're getting on with it 8) ?
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Follow his link and you'd see:
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_777825_langId_-1_categoryId_165499

I am not after something for heavy duty off roading. I am pretty much gonna stick to the black stuff and want something fast, light and nimble.

What honestly do you reckon to this Boardman? It does get a good write up on this very site. I have been looking around for something used and keep coming back to spending 500-600 on a new one, as I can't see anything I like used at a price that's reasonable.

Any opinions, or other suggestions very very much appreciated!!

Ta
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Yeh, definitely for keeping fit on mainly on tarmac tbh. I don't really like the style of hybrids or road bikes and something about this just ticked the boxes for me.

It feels much much better to ride than my previous Carrera with the front suspension fork.

Not sure how it would cope with light use off road with some bigger tyres on it. Bike Radar certainly gave it a good write up!
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I like that a lot. Quite jealous actually mate!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It'll cope fine with light off road use. Before all this new fangled suspension malarky we (Real Manly Men) used to do all this on rigids with cantis.

Which were really sh1t actually.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Cheers guys!

Here's the new toy!

BM2.jpg
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    Luv2ride wrote:
    as Bennett_346 says have you got this for commuting/leisure riding or the rough stuff?
    looks like a great bike but not sure how suitable the rigid fork would be for proper off road

You dont need 2.333333333333 wide tyres and 6.0000000000000 inch travel forks to ride off road, :lol:

Oh and proper off road is playground talk. :lol:
  • Shylock
    Shylock Posts: 98
    Yea rigid bikes are fine for xc with the down hill that comes with it. I had my old alpinestars bike with rigid forks until this year. Rather rigid forks the rubbish heavy dampers!

Nice looking bike....!
  • Wobbit
    Wobbit Posts: 91
    Really like the bike mate! Iv been to halfords to see it and I'm tempted! Can't warrant it at the moment :(
    Neilpryde Alize - Kinesis 4S - Cube Ltd
  • That is a nice bike, looks dead slick. Fantastic bargain as well! Hope you enjoy it.