Boardman Team Urban Crank Advice Please

6545george
6545george Posts: 3
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
Ive recently brought a Boardman team urban as i want to start biking a 20 mile round trip to work and back its mainly road with a bit of street and cycle path riding. Ive realised with the FSA Comet 42 tooth crank ring is not very tall and im pedelling my heart out and not getting anywere fast so i want to change the crank for a bigger one, ive tried a FSA Grossamer 50 tooth crank but the pedal arms clash with the frame as there not as kinked as the origanal Comets arms. Anyone got any alternative crank ideas or links the could send me to ? Any help or advice very welcome thanks in advance.

Comments

• woodywmb
    woodywmb Posts: 669
    Shimano Tiagra 10-speed crank will give you 50 teeth on the big ring for about £70/£80. But you have to watch the bottom bracket. The Boardman will likely have a BB30 push-fit unit while Shimano will be running Tiagra with an external BB. This will involve you getting an adapter (£25 from Wiggle). I suggest you go to a bike shop and guarantee peace of mind for £120. You won't have the right tools either.
  • logitech208
    logitech208 Posts: 167
    Why dont you just change the chain ring to a 50t on your current crank.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Why dont you just change the chain ring to a 50t on your current crank.

Could be the best idea, can you get a 50t that fits the BCD :?:
  • I origanally looked into changing the ring to 46 or 50 but cant find a 3 bolt ring anywere ?