Bike Radar - Survey

Soni
Soni Posts: 1,217
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
Anybody else been asked to answer a 3 second Survey about Bike Radar and the chance to either win an IPhone or 90% off an IPad2 for your troubles?

I just did it, thinking as its Bike Radar, and then the Add tells you to proceed to the next step and register your username and password, it takes you to a site named Ziinga.com and then it tells you to put in your debit card details to buy bids! Not likely!

Problem is they've now got my email address details.....

Is this being run by Bike Radar? Surely not?

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    google ziinga scam.

If you look at the BR rules it suggests that posts that farm for emails be reported so its highly unlikely theyd endorse that practice.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Soni
    Here is the photos, i've uploaded the screenprints to photobucket, unfortunately i didn't screen print the page that asked me to proceed to the next page and register, but i'm almost sure it was exactly the same as the Bike Radar screen that i've posted below. I feel a bit of a prat falling for that, but when you're on Bike Radar and it pops up with Bike Radar asking you to complete a 3 second survey, you think you have a certain amount of loyalty plus you could win something! :D It even went so far as taking me through 3 x questions asking how often i visit bike radar, one per day, several times per week, or rarely, then it went onto the next question asking if i will visit again, and it asked one more which i can't remember...

bikeradar.jpg

bikeradar2.jpg
  • Cleat Eastwood
    theres a guy on yahoo answers did similar - they took his details and took 120 dollars off him for membership fees - just change your email p-word to be extra sure.
  • Soni
    theres a guy on yahoo answers did similar - they took his details and took 120 dollars off him for membership fees - just change your email p-word to be extra sure.

You won't believe this, i just got it again when i clicked reply to this post!!

I haven't entered any of my debit card details, it asked me to, but i didn't, just put my email address in and password, therefore they can't take any money can they?

What is causing this survey thing to keep popping up?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Soni

how did this "survey" appear?

mail? Pop up?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Cleat Eastwood
    if its saying bikeradar like in that image its probably reading sites from your cookies - try clearing the cache.

You can also put ziinga on a kind of 'banned list' that is on your comp

have a look in
    system32\drivers\etc\hosts

and look for a file called Hosts

if its not there you can create your own in notepad etc and add this line to it

127.0.0.1 www.ziinga.com

if you do do it in notepad make sure to remove the .txt suffix.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I never click on anything that promises a free ithingy!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Soni
    nicklouse wrote:
    Soni

how did this "survey" appear?

mail? Pop up?

Hi Nick,

Tonight when it happened I clicked the post reply button and the bikeradar survey screen appeared but I didnt have to enlarge it, it was the same size as the bike radar page and looked exactly like it was part of the Bike Radar website, it looked like it did last night as shown above.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Can I suggest you sweep your computer for malware ...
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Ur not Dr Feelgood are you?
  • Soni
    Redhog14 wrote:
    Ur not Dr Feelgood are you?

Sorry mate you've wasted that one on me i have no idea :lol: Give me a clue :wink:
  • Soni
    Slowbike wrote:
    Can I suggest you sweep your computer for malware ...

I was just about to download Adaware, used this years ago but it now states its an AntiVirus?