Aston Martin Bike

Pross
Pross Posts: 43,163
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
Anyone else seen that on the front page? Now, I love Aston's and my first Euro Millions purchase will be a DBS (or One77 if possible!) and I'll probably get a DB5 as well but that bike is truly hiddeous and £25k???! I could have 2 handbuilt Viners for that and plenty of change.

Disappointed to see Aston going down this route, I thought they had more class :(

Comments

• Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Well,

I quite like it, and have saved the parent company (Beru F1) as someone to ping my CV to when I graduate.

But, it does look pretty much exactly like the original factor bike, which IIRC was about the same price. I suspect that they were having trouble shifting bikes, so have decided to look at a "collaboration" effort...

http://www.factorbikes.com/
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I'm with Pross, it looks hideous and £25K could be a lot better spent on bikes.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    What a stupid idea and a horrible looking bike. I guess a few "celebs" will buy one just to hang on the wall next to their car collection.
  • kentphil
    kentphil Posts: 479
    Its a pushing the boundaries bike I think. It shows what can be done with an open cheque book and cutting edge companies involved.

I think I could buy my ultimate bike for 3 to 4 grand.
    1998 Kona Cindercone in singlespeed commute spec
    2013 Cannondale Caadx 1x10
    2004 Giant TCR
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,660
    Pross wrote:
    Anyone else seen that on the front page? Now, I love Aston's and my first Euro Millions purchase will be a DBS (or One77 if possible!) and I'll probably get a DB5 as well but that bike is truly hiddeous and £25k???! I could have 2 handbuilt Viners for that and plenty of change.

Disappointed to see Aston going down this route, I thought they had more class :(

They've done this before, remember? Someone at Aston's marketing group should lay off the boozy lunches. Dumb ideas abound..

aston_martin_cygnet_press2.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Would be interesting to ride it alongside some proper superbikes (pro peloton bikes) to see how it stacks up.

Think its the one that they had on the gadget show a while ago... almost made me sick the way they tested the bikes !
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Gross... it's like those tacky Ferrari (every)things you get.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Pross wrote:

They've done this before, remember? Someone at Aston's marketing group should lay off the boozy lunches. Dumb ideas abound..

Meh, it was the cheapest way for them to comply with emission regulations.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    Jez mon wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Meh, it was the cheapest way for them to comply with emission regulations.

Yep, I could see the logic in that although I'm not sure they will shift enough units for it to work. They may have been better off leaving it as a more basic car and selling it cheaper.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Who needs an accelerometer to tell them how much they're leaning their bike over??
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Surely every cyclist wants to get 'leaner'... The 'accelerometer-o-tron-5000' should help with that.