On-One Scandal 29'er Stolen

chraxt
chraxt Posts: 4
edited July 2012 in MTB stolen
Church Crookham Fleet 12 Jun. I've heard at least 12 garages were broken into overnight. Cardale up and over door lock was picked as were near neighbours. Wise after the event ... dead easy to change the lock to something more secure.

I had an On-One Scandal 29'er frame size 16", black anodized, frame number YM6050299 stolen.
They cut the cable lock (threaded through an anchor point). An organised operation rather than an a solo opportunist I suspect.
Spec is this:
Forks Rock Shox Reba 29
Headset Orbit MX
Seat Clamp PX 32mm
Seat Pin Probe Pro
Saddle Bignose
Stem on-one 3d 80 x 6
Handle Bars Fleegle
Chainset Deore
Bottom Bracket Deore
Front Mech Deore
Front Adapter Deore
Rear Mech Deore
Gear Levers Deore
Gear Cables Deore
Brake Levers Deore
Brake Cables Deore
Brake Calipers Deore
Hubs Deore
Rims Reetard 29er

They also took my son's GT Aggressor 18" black (just in case they are seen together).
Kudos to On-One /Planet X who confirmed the frame number for me 5 years after I'd bought the bike.

Comments

• hi there I was also broken into in the fleet are they took three bikes, have you heard anything or do you have any leads the police have found nothing so far not even on the cctv. Richard
  • chraxt
    Richard, no leads at all. I've been watching auction sites for the bike or bits that I would recognise as belonging to the bikes that were stolen. The police have the build sheet as well, clearly they too are thinking it will end up as parts on the second hand market. For instance...
    http://www.nhampshirectc.org.uk/pages/Stolenbikes.html
    Hit the link 'show me the bikes' at the bottom of the page.

The police were asking me if I posted stuff on the web. I don't. But I see others locally who are posting routes on Garmin connect. The route can lead right to your door.
  • mossj88
    mossj88 Posts: 41
    Hi,

You might want to check out:
    http://bikefinder.stolen-bikes.co.uk/se ... rch=Search

There are a few black frames but I don't know enough about the parts to match it to yours (without a picture, if you post one I can keep an eye out).

Thanks, John

P.S The link you posted from Hampshire was from December 2011 so won't be any of your bikes...
    Owner of Stolen-Bikes.co.uk
  • chraxt
    Thanks, will keep an eye on that.
    That was just an example of how bikes are being stripped and the parts sold. They clearly are finding it hard to sell the complete bike or traceable parts like frames.So it's worth keeping an eye on second hand component auctions.