Lunch Blues

daviesee
daviesee Posts: 6,386
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
It is a busy week for me, so busy that I have no time for shopping, or cooking if I had.
Basically getting by on a bowl of cereal in the morning, popping out of the office for a wrap meal deal lunch and defrosting a home made meal prepared earlier for dinner.

3 days in and, jeez, do I feel shyte in the afternoons :x

If this is how a large percentage of the population get by at lunch (it is if my office is any guide) then it is no wonder that there are so many people overweight, tired and miserable.

The weekend can't come quick enough!
None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.

Comments

• Just had a large, handmade pork, triple-smoked pancetta and leek pie and I'm going to bury it with spotted dick and custard. Poor you :)
  • daviesee
    Just had a large, handmade pork, triple-smoked pancetta and leek pie and I'm going to bury it with spotted dick and custard. Poor you :)
    Bar steward! :wink:
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I was having a chat with an overweight colleague a while back and she asked me how I stay slim and have the energy to ride to work (only a 6 mile commute). I told her that I eat proper food regularly and get lots of exercise.
    The eating keeps me slim and the exercise gives me energy.

She gave me a very puzzled look and tucked into a cream cake.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Burrito.

Standard.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    I was asked by a woman twice my weight what I thought I looked like upon my arrival at work in shorts. "Fitter than you" was my reply.
    I don't have the lunchtime blues, but my colleagues do. Stinky brie in my sarnies today. Mmmmm.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I was asked by a woman twice my weight what I thought I looked like upon my arrival at work in shorts. "Fitter than you" was my reply.
    I don't have the lunchtime blues, but my colleagues do. Stinky brie in my sarnies today. Mmmmm.

I bet that woman had the lunchtime blues after that comment! Punchy!
  • daviesee
    Veronese68 wrote:

Class! :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Veronese68 wrote:

I bet that woman had the lunchtime blues after that comment! Punchy!
    I couldn't be fagged to reply properly. She's a snide sarcastic sh1t stirrer that likes to slag anybody off at the slightest opportunity. If you ask her to do something work related there is always a reason not to do it or to pass the buck. Lord knows why she still has a job. I have a very high opinion of her as you can tell.
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    good alliteration!
  • iclestu
    iclestu Posts: 503
    Veronese68 wrote:

haha - made me chuckle! Well done
    FCN 7: Dawes Galaxy Ultra 2012 - sofa-like comfort to eat up the miles

Reserve: 2010 Boardman CX Pro
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    How I beat the lunchtime blues:

Sport: Cycling, sport
    Start Time: Jun 13, 2012 12:39 PM
    Distance: 9.57 miles
    Duration: 40m:59s
    Avg Speed: 14.0 mph
    Max Speed: 35.8 mph
    Calories: 642 kcal
    Altitude: 122 ft / 781 ft
    Elevation: 687 ft ↑ / 808 ft ↓

1339621591-11548-P-82.39.36.160.png
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.