Santa Cruz Superlight 26

donkeywoofbark
donkeywoofbark Posts: 18
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
Can anyone suggest the what frame size would be best for me I am 6ft2,1/2 according to the Scruz website i should fall into the XL size category would L be to small? any advice will be much appreciated.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Find a dealer and sit on one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    SC do tend to come up small compared to other brands so XL sounds 'about right', but nothing beats taking Cooldad's advice.
  • cooldad wrote:

I suspect that wouldn't put the dealer in the best frame of mind...

Anyway, I am exactly the same height and am between sizes in pretty much everything. I bought last years Blur XC from a friend. Its a Large and fits me just fine with a 110 cm stem. Does have a lot of seatpost showing, I often get told to put the post down when I already have. However, if I was buying one new, I'd probably go for an XL.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Still depends on body proportions, not just height. He might be an ape type with huge arms and body, and bandy little legs.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Barney8000 wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

I suspect that wouldn't put the dealer in the best frame of mind...

Anyway, I am exactly the same height and am between sizes in pretty much everything. I bought last years Blur XC from a friend. Its a Large and fits me just fine with a 110 cm stem. Does have a lot of seatpost showing, I often get told to put the post down when I already have. However, if I was buying one new, I'd probably go for an XL.

I suspected an XL as i currently ride a 21" P7, but its always handy to check out what similar sized people are riding, thanks for all your assistance so far.