Pipe up if you ride almost every day ..

dw300
dw300 Posts: 1,642
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
How many of you guys are on your bike every single day or at least 6 out of 7?

Are there any things to take into account when you ride that much, compared to 2 or 3 times a week?
All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
Bike Radar Strava Club
The Northern Ireland Thread

Comments

• upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    When im able to run i tend to get out on the bike twice a week,but that has doubled when time allows since my injury...
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    I'm sure this doesn't count but I do tend to ride 5/6 times a week but distances vary greatly from 2 miles to 60/70 miles.

To be honest I greatly believe in rest days.
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    plowmar wrote:
    I'm sure this doesn't count but I do tend to ride 5/6 times a week but distances vary greatly from 2 miles to 60/70 miles.

To be honest I greatly believe in rest days.

Would you not consider a zone 1 day a rest day? Doesn't put significant load on heart or muscles, but burns fat, and gets blood to your muscles.

I would assume anyone doing 6-7 days would be doing at least 3 days at low intensity .. ?
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Don't ride everyday but 7days a week some form of sport.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Unless I am travelling - which is quite a bit sometimes - I am on my bike every day
  • yes every day, Monday to Friday commute then 2 -3 hour rides Sat & Sun. Kids grown up + understanding wife = result. Still get time to go to the pub for lunch!
    Don't really think about it as built up over a couple of years. Tend to vary the bikes, road, cx or mtb depending on my inclination and the weather. Also living on the edge of the South Downs helps as there's a nice choice of riding options.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I ride every day except the days when it is raining. :D

Sorry to mention the weather, again!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    3-4 times a week max for me, can't be arsed with all that recovery ride/training plan stuff as I don't ever plan to race so it's if and when I fancy it.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I ride my bike for pleasure about 15times a month on average over the year. However I commute to work everyday which is five times a week.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    25 mile round trip commute every day, long run out one day at the weekend every fortnight, and use it for nipping to the shops and short errands too.

Things to bear in mind - I can't stop eating, my washload has doubled, I eye up bikes rather than blokes, and I fall asleep in front of the telly around 9ish most nights. Bit sad really...
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    6 days out of 7, the 1 day off being after the longest ride of the week.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    5 days max for me, 3 x 38 mile commutes if no meetings, a shortish ride on a Saturday and a longer 50+ miles on Sunday.

It stops being a pleasure if you do it too often from past experience (i assume cycling is the same :lol: )
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Usually.

When I was younger back in Cambridge there would be literally months before there was a day where I hadn't at least cycled somewhere even if just to the shops.

A bit different in London now, especially now I live with my gf who doesn't cycle at all.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Usually.

When I was younger back in Cambridge there would be literally months before there was a day where I hadn't at least cycled somewhere even if just to the shops.

A bit different in London now, especially now I live with my gf who doesn't cycle at all.

When you get married that'll be a bonus :lol::wink:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Pretty much every single day here except for holidays and a Christmas break - a 7 or 8 mile round trip for work 6 days a week (I'm a non-driver and the bike is far better value for money than the bus), plus nipping to the shops, and then training and a bit of racing (or a lot of racing in the CX season) on top of that during evenings and weekends.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I'm giving myself a day off today which means: Bike strip down and rebuild day!
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    6 days a week for me usually. 5 days of commuting 15-20 miles per day, depending on which route I take, plus 60+ miles on a Saturday. Rest day Sunday. If I'm doing a big ride on a Saturday, 80+, I'll take Friday off and get the bus to have a rest day.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers