Cav stamps

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Oh dear...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,184
    I thought this was going to be the latest scandal about him causing a crash in a sprint and then stamping on the head of the rider he brought down based on his past reputation ;)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I think they're good. The Isle of Man post office may make some money.

A first day cover or presentation pack would make a lovely present for Tusher or Corneymade:

http://www.iompostoffice.com/stamps/Iss ... goryid=238
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • I like them, although wouldn't it have been good to have one of him winning the sprinters jersey at the Vuelta 2010
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Wouldnt they be better off waiting until he has the Olympic jersey too? :wink:
  • Do you get a jersey for the olympics?

By doing them now they can make a load of cash and then they can update them in August and sell them to the same people again ;)
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    I wonder if they photo-shopped the pictures to slim him down, since he's now apparently 4 kg lighter nowadays.
  • RichN95.
    Do you get a jersey for the olympics?

No you don't, but Sanchez has been riding around with a gold helmet and shoes for the last four years.

Back in 2004, Bettini made himself a jersey as Olympic and World champion, but he was told to stop it.

p4220665_600.jpg
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,455
    Probably because he wasn't World Champion in 2004.
  • andyp
    Pascal Richard tried to get approval for an Olympic champions jersey similar to the rainbow jersey after he won at Atlanta in 1996. It was blocked by, if memory serves, the IOC who are very, very protective of the 5 rings logo. He used to wear it before races, I've a photo somewhere of him wearing a long sleeved version prior to the start of the 1998 Tour of Lombardy.
  • RichN95.
    andyp wrote:
    Probably because he wasn't World Champion in 2004.

Yes. He must have done it in 2006.
  • RichN95.
    Hamilton made himself a jersey too. Luckily for him he didn't get a tattoo like Sanchez

HamiltonVuelta297H384.jpg
  • Wow, looks like he barely had time to remove that intravenous drip from his arm. :shock:
  • andyp
    This is the Richard version;

PascalRichard.jpg

Presumably it came with pockets for all his vials. :wink:
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    andyp wrote:
    I know there are suspicions about Pascal Richard, but I don’t think anything was ever pinned on him.
    I suppose that he spoke up about Riis’s doping doesn’t mean he was clean.

He was a pretty tough guy anyway, all that cyclocross.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    RichN95 wrote:
    Hamilton made himself a jersey too. Luckily for him he didn't get a tattoo like Sanchez

HamiltonVuelta297H384.jpg

To be fair if I did something as huge as winning an olympic gold medal that one person wins every four years, I would be tempted to get a tattoo as well.
  • RichN95.
    sjmclean wrote:

To be fair if I did something as huge as winning an olympic gold medal that one person wins every four years, I would be tempted to get a tattoo as well.

I wasn't knocking tattoos, per se. It's just had Hamilton had one, he may have needed some laser removal later on.
  • andyp
    knedlicky wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    I know there are suspicions about Pascal Richard, but I don’t think anything was ever pinned on him.
    I suppose that he spoke up about Riis’s doping doesn’t mean he was clean.

He was a pretty tough guy anyway, all that cyclocross.

He was sacked by the Linda McCartney team (probably a blessing in disguise) for nefarious, drug related activities. I think the details are in the "Band on the Run" book by John Deering.

He was definitely tough, and a superb finisher who's win conversion ratio must've been amongst the best ever. If you arrived at the finish with him in a major race you could almost guarantee you'd lose.