Marmite and Custard / Rice Pudding?

willhub
willhub Posts: 821
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
I'm thinking what it'd go best with, custard or rice pudding, or maybe using mustard instead of the Marmite?

Any ideas?

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    What the flipping flip are you making?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    willhub wrote:
    Any ideas?

I have the idea that you're not 100% serious. :wink:
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    WTF?

Marmite, yes. With custard or rice pudding? No.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    That Heston Bloomin' Tool has got nothing on our Will when it comes to recipe ideas. I'm trying to work out if this is an improvement on microwaved Mars bars or not!!
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    willhub wrote:

Any ideas?

I have an idea you're not 100% sober either
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Stick both the mustard and the marmite in, let us know how you get on....
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    No wonder you can't get a job.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • HiMoz
    HiMoz Posts: 62
    johnfinch wrote:
    I have the idea that you're not 100% serious. :wink:

:shock: This is the Hub we're talking about!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    My old granny used to say...

"Marmite with custard
    Rice puddin' with mustard"

she said this rhyme would stop you getting it the wrong way round as that would be disgusting, clearly :shock:

She was a terrible cook too.

Just fed two cats some marmite with crushed worming tablets in to hide the taste...
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I take it Willhubs' degree wasn't in gastronomy, or was it. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Mike67
    Mike67 Posts: 585
    team47b wrote:
    Just fed two cats some marmite with crushed worming tablets in to hide the taste...

Aren't there better things you can use to hide the taste of marmite? :D
    Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
    Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
    Lots of bits
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    team47b wrote:

Did it work? 'cos I have a moggy in desperate need of worming, in fact I found a vague brown message smeared over the lino saying 'i've got worms' - think shes trying to tell me something and the 'ink' definately wasn't marmite even though it probably tastes the same.
    Problem is, I can't hack the week long rejection and screwy looks after stuffing the worming pill down her.

Is willhub sober yet ? Ate 8 dry weetabix once whilst being a skint anebriated student, thought that was bad but Marmite and Custard/rice pudding, f'kin hell?!?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b wrote:

Did it work? 'cos I have a moggy in desperate need of worming

Yep, they licked the marmite with the crushed pills in off my finger, they could have had it spread on some nice cheddar, but I didn't want to spoil them, besides I ate the cheddar. Obviously some cats love the stuff and probably some hate it, although all the feral cats round here love it.
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    My cat loves marmite but I tried the crushed worming pills with marmite and she didn't want to know. We now get her worming and flea medication as a liquid that you apply on the back of her neck, it's about 1000x easier to administer.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    team47b wrote:

Did it work? 'cos I have a moggy in desperate need of worming, in fact I found a vague brown message smeared over the lino saying 'i've got worms' - think shes trying to tell me something and the 'ink' definitely wasn't marmite even though it probably tastes the same.
    Problem is, I can't hack the week long rejection and screwy looks after stuffing the worming pill down her.

Another vote here for the whole Marmite/pet medicine thing here. Surprisingly effective at fooling cats into taking tablets.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • HiMoz
    HiMoz Posts: 62
    I love how we've gone from Wills bizarre food combinations to advice on worming your pets...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    HiMoz wrote:
    I love how we've gone from Wills bizarre food combinations to advice on worming your pets...

There is an intrinsic link between poverty, desperation and worms. BR - threads within threads and meandering manifestations of a motley mob of much maligned muppets :D Shows you I am sober.

Now, those worm tablets are expensive, if it doesn't work, this is going to be an expensive mistake. I haven't got any marmite 'cos I hate the stuff, but I have got Bovril. Wish me luck.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    In tests 8 out of ten cats said they preferred Marmite!

WTF! talking cats :shock:

Make sure they don't see the jar, they might be able to read too.