stainburn black edit

bluechair84
bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
edited June 2012 in Your pics and vids
Been doing a bit of Stainburn recently,a mate video, and my attrocious riding features... It's a great little trail, shame there isn't more of it.
Linky

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Good video that - some of the trail centre guides describe it as the hardest marked trail in England (or UK, can't remember?) but it doesn't look too bad.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    really good vid Aaron you were pinning it,, kicking up roost to.... oh and props to you on the colour coordinating of your shoes frame and teeshirt....
  • bluechair84
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good video that - some of the trail centre guides describe it as the hardest marked trail in England (or UK, can't remember?) but it doesn't look too bad.

It is pretty tough actually, there's some really awkward drops and some rock gardens that take a lot of balance to get across. The rock switchback you see in the video is probably one of the hardest corners of a UK trail centre. But it's tough from a sense of balancing, not of drops or speed...
    delcol wrote:
    really good vid Aaron you were pinning it,, kicking up roost to.... oh and props to you on the colour coordinating of your shoes frame and teeshirt....
    Yeah... looks a bit gay! :?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Stevo 666 wrote:

It is pretty tough actually, there's some really awkward drops and some rock gardens that take a lot of balance to get across. The rock switchback you see in the video is probably one of the hardest corners of a UK trail centre. But it's tough from a sense of balancing, not of drops or speed...
    Yeah, I realise it always looks a load easier on camera than it is in real life as I've found out a couple of times :) . Agree, if you haven't got good balance and low speed handling skills it's not going to be easy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Good going Aaron but were is the seesaw video and the big rock step down drop?

It's a lot tougher than people think, very narrow, twisty and usually wet! are you doing the other side of the road as well?
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • bluechair84
    The rock step down on the red trail? I did blog on Stainburn with a pictre of me hitting that, but the video just concentrates on the black, not the whole centre.
    Oh, and I can't ruddy do the shore :) too skinny! I have cleared the seesaw but couldn't do it that day :oops:

edit--

you mean this one:
    Stainburn+(1).JPG
  • 1mancity2
    Thats the one, loads of riders chicken out and roll that, the seesaw is a bit of a pain as well but its good fun, but like you say very short, very techy but still short.

Ain't been for ages, might get up there soon and have a blast round.
  • bluechair84
    I'm keen on doing a frame comparison and picking up any advice from you so if you hit Stainburn, I might join you!
  • 1mancity2
    I'm keen on doing a frame comparison and picking up any advice from you so if you hit Stainburn, I might join you!

Doub't I can teach you anything bud (probably show me a thing or two), Im up for it when you are, drop me a pm.