My new bike Radon ZR Team 7.0.

drtobiasfunke
drtobiasfunke Posts: 95
edited September 2012 in Your mountain bikes
I was looking at the radon bikes for a while and when this came on as deal of the day with 100 euros off i couldn't resist the temptation!
http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k1830/ ... html?lg=en
Two weeks and 3 days later a box arrived today!

UxX1S.jpg

V6QCT.jpg

Don't have time to ride it at the moment as i have one last exam to do tomorrow, hopefully i can catch up with other work after that and get to go out for a ride at the weekend to test this puppy out.

First impressions are that its a quality bit of kit, went for a quick sprint up the hill to check everything was functioning correctly and it feels really light and nippy.
Bike came near enough assembled just had to attach handlebars, fit seat, front wheel and pedals.
Even came with some clear protective patches to stick on to protect from cable rub.

Here is the spec
ZR Team Series Alu 7005 2-fach konifiziert
Fork Rock Shox SID RL PopLoc
Travel 100mm
Brakes Formula RX, 180/160 mm
Crankset Shimano XT FC-M780, 10-speed
Bottom Bracket Shimano Hollowtech
Shifters Shimano SLX SL-M660 10-Speed
Rear Derailleur Shimano XT RD-M780, 10-speed
Front Derailleur Shimano SLX FD-M660, 10-speed, Topswing 34,9mm
Cassette Shimano HG62, 10-speed 11-36
Chain Shimano HG54 10-Speed
Hubs HB-M756/FH-M756
Spokes DT Industry black
Rims ALEX EN24
Tyres Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance Draht 2,25"
Stem Race Face Ride
Handlebar Race Face Ride Riser
Seatpost Race Face Evolve, 31,6*350mm
Headset FSA No. 10 semi-integriert
Grips Radon Schraubgriffe by Velo
Saddle Radon by Velo
Pedals Aluminium Bärentatze
Came to just over £750 when it was deal of the day which i think is a bargain.
One complaint, the pedals they are absolute dog doodoo, will rectify that soon.

Appologies for poor quality pics doing this in a rush as i need to get back to revising :cry:
Will update when i go for a good ride on it.

Comments

• mrlee
    mrlee Posts: 499
    very nice. 8)

good luck with your exam
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    WOW! £750 for a bike with that kind of spec is flippin amazing! Great find.
  • Finally got to go for a ride today two and a bit weeks after my bike arrived :D
    Shot down across the fields to the bottom of the valley with the intention of riding back up the other side but when i got to the bottom by the stream it was muddy as hell.

Needless to say the tires were absolutely caked in mud and the other side of the stream i intended to ride up was still all muddy and i couldnt get the tires to grip so had to push it :cry:

Got to the top and managed to get riding, still muddy as hell especially where all the cows are and i managed to get a piece of soggy under growth wrapped all around my rear derailleur and gears.

Any way..
    Bike rides really nice as you would expect from a bike equipped with such a spec.
    Fork is super smooth and gobbled up all the roots and bumps i could fine.
    Shifting was as smooth as butter as you would expect from an xt/slx mix.
    Frame feels really sturdy even though its light and the riding position was comfy when i finally managed to get everything tweaked after trial and error.
    Feels so light and agile and a joy to pedal up hills (unless the tires are caked in mud and cant grip).

Never used nobby nics before but as you can see from the pic the tires didnt want to let go of all that mud they gathered very easily I imagine they will be much better in less boggy conditions.
    Pedals are still terrible... will change them when i spot an ebay bargain for some flatties.

Have some crappy phone pictures i took whilst out.
    qRpve.jpg

OPSSz.jpg
  • Pozzi
    Pozzi Posts: 23
    Great to see some images of this bike, and by seeing your photos I'm gonna go with the same colour.

Cheers
  • DannyUK
    DannyUK Posts: 106
    Hi drtobiasfunke,

I am looking to buy the Radon ZR Team 6.0, and was hoping to get your opinion on how you are finding the bike? Does the frame appear well built? The spec looks amazing for the money, I am however concerned that the frame may look like it was built on a budget to accommodate the components?

Cheers,

Dan
    All the gear, loads of fear...