Canyon Roadlite 6.0 SL

indysmith
indysmith Posts: 276
edited June 2012 in Your road bikes
476737_10150766696111534_1537924947_o.jpg
My Canyon Roadlite 6.0 SL
Had it since the beginning of the year - and have been very happy with it! The frame in particular is surprisingly great.
The geometry for me feels spot on, and it's very nippy uphill and down. Only downside is that the ride is quite harsh on the (awful) roads around here - I'm considering some ENVE 2.0 forks as an upgrade.

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I'd look into tyres and a seatpost as well as the Carbon forks.

Have to be honest and say that a white groupset wouldn't have been my choice though!
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Some 25mm tyres would help a lot with the harshness.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • indysmith
    It has 25mm tyres on it already Napoleon. I'm gonna put some 25mm GP4000s on it when these wear out.
    Sort of tempted by the Canyon VCLS post, but I'd like to try one before I buy one...

Regarding the white groupset - it wouldn't have been my first choice either; it's a nightmare to keep clean!
  • NGMTB
    NGMTB Posts: 44
    Hi
    I have a canyon ultimate al, it came with the VCLS post, cant recomend it enough, just check though as they have a maximum and a minimum height range to work.
    Canyon Nerve XC 2011

Canyon Ultimate AL Di2
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Bit confused - if you're willing to shell out an extra £300 on a pair of Enve forks then why didn't you get the Ultimate Al?

In any case i think you're be wasting your time buying different forks. There won't be much difference. I'd rather spend it on some nice clothing/shoes/helmet e.t.c.
  • indysmith
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    Bit confused - if you're willing to shell out an extra £300 on a pair of Enve forks then why didn't you get the Ultimate Al?

In any case i think you're be wasting your time buying different forks. There won't be much difference. I'd rather spend it on some nice clothing/shoes/helmet e.t.c.

I didn't want the Ultimate Al; I don't race and for what I use the bike for (long day rides and sportives) the Roadlite's more relaxed geometry makes a lot more sense. Also the only Ultimate Al with a SRAM drivetrain is almost twice the price. Eventually I plan to have a custom stainless steel frame made for me in a similar geometry to the Roadlite's.
    I've ridden a few bikes with the Enve forks and have been very impressed. It's also a good opportunity to save some weight, and I can always transfer them over onto the steel frame when I get it.

EDIT: I have all the clothes, shoes, and helmet I want thanks! I'm confident that I would feel the difference in the forks, as well as making a significant weight saving (the current fork has an alu steerer and is 170g heavier).
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Fair enough! Sounds like you got it sussed.

It's a shame because the old Ultimate Al used to have the same geo.