Search for the perfect coordinating water bottles...

londonlivvy
londonlivvy Posts: 644
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
Right... all those who love finding perfect colour-coordinating accessories, I need your help please. The boyf has a new Scott foil in a matt grey finish. Saddle is black. The bar tape is white. I'd like to get him some new water bottles for (some of) his birthday pressies but they need to look as cool as the bike. They have to be 500ml (obv) and I was thinking matt grey or black as white ones get so grotty so quickly. The bike has Di2 so it can't have campag branding on the bottle. He races for Dynamo so kit is blue/black/orange.

I found this http://www.biketart.com/87504/products/Torq-Energy-Drink-Water-Bottle-500ml.aspx?utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=PriceComp&utm_term=Froogle&utm_content=None&utm_campaign=PriceComp1 bottle (he drinks torq energy stuff) but am not convinced that the orange goes with his kit - it's nearly the same orange but not quite. And the bottle is shiny, not matt which doesn't quite go with the stealthy vibe of the bike.

Or this http://www.wheelies.co.uk/p40557/Tacx-Shiva-Bottle-Unprinted.aspx is a very simple version - just plain silver, which would then not detract from the loveliness of the bike. But is it too dull?

Obviously I am WAY over-thinking this and it doesn't matter that much, but I just think it'd be a good pressie. Ideas / advice please !

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Buy the nicest bottles you can find and then N+1 to match!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Purple and Gold LVIS bottles.....

Only able to carry the nectar of the Gods...
  • mattcroad
    mattcroad Posts: 189
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

I had the same idea, I think it would show you really care. Anything else would just be a token gift :).
    There is a rule for that
    FCN 4 2009 Trek 1.5
    FCN 11 2007 Apollo XC.26s
  • londonlivvy
    mattcroad wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

I had the same idea, I think it would show you really care. Anything else would just be a token gift :).

I think I'd struggle to get a better bike than the Scott Foil (even assuming that my bank balance would stretch to it!)... But like the thinking.

Thanks Spasypaddy for the tip, I think that sounds like a good option and he does have one of those already (but in green) which he uses regularly so he must think they're ok.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    The new Rapha bottle are a nice smokey grey, and are basically Camelbaks with Rapha branding.

Actually, just checking their website and the images of the bottles look a lot clearer than the ones I received.

http://www.rapha.cc/bidon
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Purple and Gold LVIS bottles.....

Only able to carry the nectar of the Gods...

8)
    Alas, didn't see these available at their Audax in March, otherwise I'd be gaily brandishing one.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    spasypaddy wrote:
    camel back podium.

done.

+1 I really like these bottles. I have this one:
    UNM1Z.jpg

Matches my Red/Black/White bike nicely :D
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    I have discovered that a Bookers 1l ketchup bottle is easy to drink from, fits perfectly, and is a bit better-looking than a ribena bottle.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    You may love or hate it:

Marmite-Marmite-Water-Bottle.jpg
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Thanks Spasypaddy for the tip, I think that sounds like a good option and he does have one of those already (but in green) which he uses regularly so he must think they're ok.
    The clear, black and white ones would be a perfect match - though he'd need to put clear, black, grey or white energy drink in them to keep the colour coding :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • londonlivvy
    Kieran I LOVE marmite but he hates. Boo (he is wrong, obviously, and I have told him so).

Liking the Rapha bottles. chic and subtle, like the Scott foil. Good thinking FoldingJoe. Might go for them, or the camelback ones.
  • londonlivvy
    Rolf F wrote:
    The clear, black and white ones would be a perfect match - though he'd need to put clear, black, grey or white energy drink in them to keep the colour coding :lol:

now THAT is attention to detail.

#musttryharder!
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Kieran I LOVE marmite but he hates. Boo (he is wrong, obviously, and I have told him so).

Liking the Rapha bottles. chic and subtle, like the Scott foil. Good thinking FoldingJoe. Might go for them, or the camelback ones.

Just go for the Camelbak ones, or you'll be paying £4 on the large bottle (bidon my ar5e) just for the Rapha branding. But hey, isn't that what the Rapha lifestyle is all about?
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Rolf F wrote:

This:
    http://www.amazon.com/blk-beverages-16- ... 00507A02Q/

or this:
    http://blavod.com/index.php

?? :lol:
  • londonlivvy
    Does Vodka count as an energy drink ;-)
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Does Vodka count as an energy drink ;-)
    Maybe, but if not, you won't care!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4c-rSmBjEw
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    Do his bottle cages match though? A nice pair of matt carbon cages would be appreciated, I am sure.

(Although as any fule kno, I am but a simple tyro in the ways of co-ordinated and matching kit and accessories...)
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • londonlivvy
    *goes to inspect pic* Bottle cages are carbon (natch) and matt black with a white go-faster stripe. So hopefully the camelback ones will do. He's not really a Rapha kinda guy so don't think it's worth the extra ££ at this point.

Also looking for new oversocks to match the ensemble. He's currently got yellow and that just visually offends me so was thinking of blue, though matt black would be pretty damn cool.
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    Confession time. The last two bottles I acquired were by the side of the road after a local race. Cough :oops:

Apart from the colour they match my bike perfectly.

Turned out they were good because they are small and I don't drink much on my commutes.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Camelbak are good - I use Podium 'chill' bottles.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/camelbak-podium ... er-bottle/
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?