Easton EC90 SL Stem

tezboy1234
tezboy1234 Posts: 132
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
Anyone got one of these or know anything about them? I believe there fantastic! strong, light and comfortable etc.. Thinking of getting one but need to know two things first. Can it be used for mountain bikes or is it a road stem? Can u use it upside down? If it's a one way only stem it may be no good for me as the angle of it slopes down like on a road bike. I like the geometry to be either straight or with a bit of up-sloap. I don't want a low down racey position. Anyone got any thoughts?

Comments

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    tezboy1234 wrote:
    Anyone got one of these or know anything about them? I believe there fantastic! strong, light and comfortable etc.. Thinking of getting one but need to know two things first. Can it be used for mountain bikes or is it a road stem? Can u use it upside down? If it's a one way only stem it may be no good for me as the angle of it slopes down like on a road bike. I like the geometry to be either straight or with a bit of up-sloap. I don't want a low down racey position. Anyone got any thoughts?

Can be used for mountain bikes with an oversized bar (31.8mm).

Don't see why you couldn't use it upside down.

Its meant to slope up, not down (usually).

I just don't understand how you could justify £180 for a stem!
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    It's a +/-10 degree stem, so can be run either way. I'm with Greer though. Imo, stems are all basically the same with too small a variation in weight to make it really worthwhile 'upgrading' (especially for almost £200 :o ). It seems like a last-resort kind of thing, like changing everything to ti/alu bolts.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It's an incredibly overpriced - and it is not the lightest stem in the world.

It is designed for the road, so may not stand up to the rigeurs of MTBing.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    it does state it's for;

"...riding on or off road in any ‘normal’ circumstance.."

Whatever that means :?
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8