Superlight, strong, stretchy chain??

fuelex
fuelex Posts: 165
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
Had to chuckle at the description of the parts in this article in tonight's Evening Standard!

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/londons-most-luxe-bike-the-brogue-only-costs-25k-7835743.html?origin=internalSearch

"a Gusset Expresso chain, which is superlight and very strong. Lightweight link plates and straight plates give maximum stretch"

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Why shout out it's a £25k bike then quote random parts which are pretty much run-of-the-mill?

I suppose it's better than saying 'It's a £300 bike with £24,700 worth of diamonds stuck to it'
  • fuelex
    fuelex Posts: 165
    Some really ill-informed stuff, since when do Sturmey Archer gears come with a separate hub
    .....for an additional £29.99!!
  • kelsen wrote:
    Why shout out it's a £25k bike then quote random parts which are pretty much run-of-the-mill?
    I suppose it's better than saying 'It's a £300 bike with £24,700 worth of diamonds stuck to it'

Exactly what I thought. I was expecting top-of-the range.
    Instead, you get an old frame from a junk-yard, bog-standard spec and a load of brown diamonds stuck to the handlebars :lol:
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    They should have got Damien Hirst to get someone to glue the diamonds on. Then it would have been "worth" £25 million......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    "Not too thin, they are ideal for riding around cities."

:roll:

This really is a bike for people with too much money and not enough sense.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    notsoblue wrote:
    "Not too thin, they are ideal for riding around cities."

:roll:

This really is a bike for people with too much money and not enough sense.
    +1
    That is basically my bike with added leather and diamonds. Can you imagine the locks you'd need when you left it outside the pub!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!