What's Wiggins done now

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited June 2012 in Pro race
He just tweeted he's not speaking French anymore and saying he's been dropped in a big pool of turd.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I read something this morning (can't remember where) and they were advising Wiggins that now the silly season in upon us that he should do all his interviews in English.

Sue we'll find out what he said soon enough....
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    OK, i'm watching the England game, but it's dire so how about we think of some things that Brad might have said...

- Called Bernard Hinault fat?
    - Questioned Jonathan Vaughters fashion sense?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Maybe he's just gonna let the funky music do the talkin'
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Maybe he's just gonna let the funky music do the talkin'
    :D:D:D

Sorry, I mean [coolmusomode] I have do idea what you mean [/coolmusomode]
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    Maybe he found this pic in Velo Magazine offensive?

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/inrng/status/212266473303965696?photo=1
  • Maybe a response to Brendan Gallagher's article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... lenge.html
    Wiggins is a brilliant press operator when he's in the mood – as interesting and witty as any sportsman I have ever interviewed.

Do it in English though. When he tries to make a joke in French or explain a racing tactic or philosophy it never comes off and gets misreported and starts a minor row. Do it in English, Brad and record every last word because, as everybody knows, the silly season is about to start.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    B3rnieMac wrote:
    Maybe he found this pic in Velo Magazine offensive?
    https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/inrng/status/212266473303965696?photo=1
    Here's the magazine cover pic:

7362785708_baf5df2545.jpg
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    It's pretty transparent that Brendan Gallagher has a stake in which language Wiggins uses to interact with the press.
    And it's pretty dumb advice to say that the best way to keep the trust of the French press is to suddenly stop speaking French to them. I'd be surprised (but interested) if anyone can link to some mainstream French coverage of Wiggins that supports any part of Gallagher's claim that the French press "don't really get Wiggins, his humour or his talent."

I dunno what Wiggins has done now though. Surely it'll emerge at some point?
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    It's pretty transparent that Brendan Gallagher has a stake in which language Wiggins uses to interact with the press.
    And it's pretty dumb advice to say that the best way to keep the trust of the French press is to suddenly stop speaking French to them. I'd be surprised (but interested) if anyone can link to some mainstream French coverage of Wiggins that supports any part of Gallagher's claim that the French press "don't really get Wiggins, his humour or his talent."

Yep

IIRC, I read on here that the French quite like Wiggins, suddenly stopping speaking French to them would probably be a poor PR move.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    Jez mon wrote:

Yep

IIRC, I read on here that the French quite like Wiggins, suddenly stopping speaking French to them would probably be a poor PR move.

There was a bit of French dummy-spitting about a press conference he gave during Romandie, wasn't there?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Poor advise from Brendan too - I can think of a few occasions where Bradleee has claimed not to have said something, and then it's played back to him and he did say it.

Brendan also uses twitter like a 14 year old texting. It's embarrassing.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Abdoujaparov
    Abdoujaparov Posts: 642
    No news yet? Some hack saving it for the opening weekend of the Tour? Maybe Wiggins did that teaser to make the news seem a bit meh when it finally arrives.
  • ilovebigwig
    ilovebigwig Posts: 118
    I'm still waiting with bated breath for more news on the foundation...