Numb feet / toes!

nickbuchan
nickbuchan Posts: 26
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
I'm using Shimano PD-6700 and some DHB shoes with carbon soles, and I often get numb feet and toes. Does anyone else have any experience of this, and can anyone offer any advice? The insoles supplied were really thin so I've put some thicker ones in but that has only made them a little more comfortable...

Comments

• snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    not sure what your shoes are like but have you tried releasing the straps/tension at all? could be just your feet swelling while your out riding.
  • i used to get this and after reading on here about it loosened the straps on my shoes a bit to allow for foot expansion and hey presto no more foot pain :)
    it also helps to get the cleats in the correct position too :)
    Trek Madone 5.9 2012
    Cboardman Team 2011
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Loosen it.

I have to loosen my left foot so much it feels like it's barely on. Then the numbness stops. C'est la vie.

Might right on the other hand - fine.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Same here - i get a numb toes in left foot with my road shoes but nothing of the sort in my MTB shoes. It comes and goes a bit but I loosen it off a it it goes away.
  • mikeabanks
    mikeabanks Posts: 116
    I get it with my DHB MTB shoes (laces) at around 15miles. I don't get it with my shimano mt82 (SPD touring road shoe).
    I also make a conscious effort to wiggle my toes and relax my foot.
  • nickbuchan
    nickbuchan Posts: 26
    cheers folks, think a loosening is in order - I usually do them up nice and tight!
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    The other option is your saddle is wrong for you and trapping nerves - would go for the loosen bit first - but also review saddle.
  • Kingy911
    Kingy911 Posts: 134
    As stoooopid as this sounds, after taking advice on here (straps too tight) which undoubtedly helped, I also found that my socks where too tight and particularly on my right foot (?) were pulling my likkle toe under my index toe !! Bigger socks, toe free, happy f##kin days