temp staff

iPete
iPete Posts: 6,076
edited June 2012 in Commuting chat
What is the nicest way to tell someone they smell like a tramp? Think I just lost the temp staff lottery and have to spend the next month in a confined space with them. :shock:

Comments

• DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Zip tie a can of febreze and shut the door behind you?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    When I temped people used to get in all the offensive stuff in early.

Seems the best way.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Oh, I've had that problem (stinky colleague) twice.

The first time was in a t-shirt factory and you could smell this bloke in the workshop from about 20 metres away. After a short while the other people in the workshop complained to their supervisor (me) and I had to tell the stinky so and so to go home and have a shower then come back. He never came back so I had to do his work for the rest of the day. When I told his agency they said they had warned him in the past and that he had just blown his final chance with them.

The second time was in a three person office, but luckily she didn't smell as strongly. Her smell was mentioned to her by a senior colleague, but there wasn't much improvement.
    She was a horrible person who ended up getting the sack (from her agency and off of that job) for making a false allegation of racial abuse being directed a her by another member of staff, with me and and another colleague as witnesses. The strange thing is, she was a white woman who allegeding racial abuse another white woman?!
    As an aside, her personal hygiene was so dodgy that when she removed the hairband holding her ponytail in place, her hair was so greasy, the ponytail stayed in place. Eeeuuwww!!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    family_guy_thats_nasty1.jpg
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    family_guy_thats_nasty1.jpg

Too true.
    She was also a nasty piece of work. She bought a pair of shoes (for £4.99) from a catalogue. They were delivered whilst she was at work, so the delivery driver left them outside her front door.
    The next day she came into work (wearing the £4.99 shoes) and called the catalogue company to say she hadn't recieved the shoes. They said they had paperwork with her signature on it (so the delivery driver forged her signature) and she tried to get him the sack for it. Yes, the driver shouldn't have forged her signature, but trying to get the bloke the sack is just plain wrong IMO.

I didn't know you could buy shoes for less than £5 (delivered). I don't think they were Jimmy Choo's.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!