(another) I just did my first 50 mile ride

mikeabanks
mikeabanks Posts: 116
edited June 2012 in Road beginners
Yesterday I did my first 50miler around the North Northampton-shire countryside. I had promised to do one before my 50th birthday and managed it with a few weeks to spare :-)
Knackered but elated.

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    mikeabanks wrote:
    Knackered but elated.

enough about your sex life - tell us about the ride - hehe. well done, no pub stops I hope.. On my first one I cramped up big time....but enough about my sex life. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • TommyB61
    TommyB61 Posts: 103
    Nice one, m8!
  • nice one , its a great feeling to do your first 50 :)
    Trek Madone 5.9 2012
    Cboardman Team 2011
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    mikeabanks wrote:
    Yesterday I did my first 50miler around the North Northampton-shire countryside. I had promised to do one before my 50th birthday and managed it with a few weeks to spare :-)
    Knackered but elated.

Hey! Same here, on the same day... but in Northumberland. What distance do you normally ride? I was wrecked on the return back defo needed to pack more food than a single slice of malt loaf. Aiming for a 30 mile this weekend, don't think my legs could take another 50 so soon!
  • harrydaisy
    harrydaisy Posts: 131
    Fantastic. Well done. I'm in my late 30's and always well pleased to get over 50 miles so it's a great achievement
    Wilier Izoard XP "Petacchi"/ Campag Veloce/ Fulcrum Racing 5
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7/ Campag Xenon
  • mikeabanks
    mikeabanks Posts: 116
    I have been doing 20 odd miles regularly with the odd 30 now and again. Back in early April I had done a 45. It was meant to be a 40 but I missed a turning :-) . Last Sunday the weather was great for cycling so I did a similar route with a couple of added bits. My legs were not too bad on Monday but I don't think I could have done another 50 either.
    I am useless on hills so I should really go out and just do some on a shorter ride.