hardail advise please help

connoraslett96
connoraslett96 Posts: 32
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys once again I'm in a problem, I have roughly £500 to spend at a push and.I have looked and looked forever for a bike and there is a few I have considered.
I seen the voodoo hoodoo looks nice and a decent set of forks.
And another that has got me confused is the specialized rockhopper 2012 version but you got the 3 sets the sports expert etc.
I can't find any decent hard tails for this price so please advice me with something I want to take the rough trails and possibly compete, disc brakes are a must and forks must have 100mm+ travel and double walled alloy thanks everyone again :)
(Sorry bout the grammar and spelling using my phone.on.the website and doesn't like it)

Comments

• ElliesDad
    ElliesDad Posts: 245
    The Hoodoo got 5/5 from Bike Radar recently and a lot of people recommend the Decathlon Rockrider 8.1 which seems to offer the best overall spec for the money at the moment. A lot of it depends on trying the bike for size and "feel".

If you can stretch you budget and find a 10% online code for Halfords, the Boardman Comp HT is a brilliant bike, retail for £649 but if you can find a 10% code you could pick it up for £584. This is the bike I went for (after looking at both the Hoodoo and the Rockrider).
    2012 Boardman FS Team
    2014 Giant Defy 2
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    See the many other threads on this exact topic...

£500 = RR 8.1 or Voodoo Hoodoo.
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco