specialized hardrock sport disc 2013?

dflash
dflash Posts: 32
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
hi every one I going to buy a specialized hardrock sport disc 2012 but I heard that there will be cumming up a 2013 model, so can somebody tell me the specifications of the new 2013 model!

Comments

• waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    I would imagine that most manufacturers are producing 2013 models.... Have you tried googling it?
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    This may not be what you want to hear, but I wouldnt buy either - unless there is a massive discount on the 2012 model.

For £500 it is absolutely terrible value.

And I do like the bikes - bought my lad a 2011 model for £320 but since then the price has gone crazy and the spec has been lowered significantly.

I would look at GT, Carrera or even better the Decathlon Rockrider 8.1, which is an abosulte steal and sooo much better than the Hardrock. Look at PaulsCycles on the web for lots of discounted models.

I hope this helps - if you do stick with the Hardrock, its a good frame but shockingly poor components compared to the competition at this price - you will enjoy the bike but will be wanting to replace just about everything soon if you ride it much.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    apreading wrote:
    This may not be what you want to hear, but I wouldnt buy either - unless there is a massive discount on the 2012 model.

For £500 it is absolutely terrible value.

And I do like the bikes - bought my lad a 2011 model for £320 but since then the price has gone crazy and the spec has been lowered significantly.

I would look at GT, Carrera or even better the Decathlon Rockrider 8.1, which is an abosulte steal and sooo much better than the Hardrock. Look at PaulsCycles on the web for lots of discounted models.

I hope this helps - if you do stick with the Hardrock, its a good frame but shockingly poor components compared to the competition at this price - you will enjoy the bike but will be wanting to replace just about everything soon if you ride it much.

+1
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    ^^What he said^^

Good frame with components which fall apart in 5 mins. I had one.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    ^^What he said^^

Good frame with components which fall apart in 5 mins. I had one.
    i still have one, will last significantly longer than 5 minutes, still poor value compared to the ones mentioned earlier though :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Wait for the 2013 model to come out, then buy the 2012 model at a significant discount, which will bring it down to a sensible price. Use the cash you've saved to upgrade the fork
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • rockmonkeysc
    Still doesn't get away from the useless transmission & brakes or the extremely heavy steel handlebars & extremely weak wheels. There is not a single good component on the bike.
    The Decathlon Rockrider is massively better.
  • chez_m356
    The Decathlon Rockrider is massively better.
    and your point???? the 8.1 is better than most bikes nearly twice the price, who's debating that, as for the brakes, well which are you talking about, mine are nearly as good as my hydraulics, obviously they need to be looked after more, and as for the transmission, well it isn't fantastic but it does the job, mine has just about died after 2 and a half years of use, all depends how you look after things, so claims about them lasting 5 minutes is as silly as someone saying xc racers are useless and slow going downhill :wink:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There is more than one Rockrider ;-)

IE the 5.3 and 8.0, both which are better IMO too.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    There is not a single good component on the bike.
    Headset spacers are OK......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chez_m356
    There is not a single good component on the bike.
    Headset spacers are OK......
    very basic,changed mine, the chain was ok though :lol:
  • rockmonkeysc
    Agreed. It did have a decent chain. Mine didn't snap until I started running the bike single speed.