Cwmcarn DH Red "attempt"

phoebian
phoebian Posts: 497
edited June 2012 in Your pics and vids
Here is a video of my second time ever on a DH trail. Practise practise practise!

Cam readjust at 3:58, didn't realise the first crash moved it ;)

http://youtu.be/LUwdZ0OA9jE

Comments

• Nice!

Fair play for getting back up lol, some nice offs!
  • phoebian
    Cheers lol, Nice bruise on my thigh developing and a funny walk.

The only way to get better is to get back on!
  • Very true, I've been off a load of times on the CC DH... the more it hurts, the less likely you are to make the same mistake :lol:
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    What's the orange thing on your handlebars?! Rather distracting!
  • phoebian
    They have you put it on when you use the uplift service.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    phoebian wrote:
    Here is a video of my second time ever on a DH trail. Practise practise practise!

Cam readjust at 3:58, didn't realise the first crash moved it ;)

http://youtu.be/LUwdZ0OA9jE
    Hehe, reminds me a bit of my first few goes. Like you say, practice (and plenty of body armour :) ) is the way forward, it just gets better and better.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Gaah remember how fun that track is, really need to go again. Cruddy uplfit day? :lol:
  • phoebian
    I did the XC first. I asked some guys about the uplift and one of them let me have his friends spot as he didn't turn up. Would have been rude to not try the DH while I was there hehe.
  • Nelson56
    Nelson56 Posts: 79
    nice video and unlucky about the falls but keep the videos up ive subbed!
    Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12858984
  • Stevo_666
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Gaah remember how fun that track is, really need to go again. Cruddy uplfit day? :lol:
    Why not, would be fun watching each other making t1ts of oursleves :D It's already on the Crud ride calendar (one after next on the list) so I guess we just need to persuade enough people to book the uplift...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Why not, would be fun watching each other making t1ts of oursleves :D It's already on the Crud ride calendar (one after next on the list) so I guess we just need to persuade enough people to book the uplift...

Might need to get the date for it sorted fairly soonish so as we can do the usual faffing around about everything and still get the uplifts booked :lol:
  • phoebian
    Nelson56 wrote:
    nice video and unlucky about the falls but keep the videos up ive subbed!

Thanks!
  • Cool vid.

Ridden the full Twrch a couple of times but haven't attempted the DH yet. Is it do-able for a beginner on a hard tail??

Hope your bike wasn't too damaged - and you weren't that slow, you ripped the dude in a blue waterproof everytime he passed you!!!
  • phoebian
    Cool vid.

Ridden the full Twrch a couple of times but haven't attempted the DH yet. Is it do-able for a beginner on a hard tail??

Hope your bike wasn't too damaged - and you weren't that slow, you ripped the dude in a blue waterproof everytime he passed you!!!

There was a guy there on a hardtail, I would say you can. Just ride within your ability, or just on he edge, or even past the edge!
  • Stevo_666
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:

Might need to get the date for it sorted fairly soonish so as we can do the usual faffing around about everything and still get the uplifts booked :lol:
    Aye, best drop projectsome a line as he's the Crud ride organiser. (Usually its the first weekend of the month so will probably be early August).

I'm going this Sunday for a practice :)