edited June 2012 in Your mountain bikes
002-1.jpg

002.jpg

Probably the most versatile bike i have ever owned :D

Comments

• Nelson56
    Nelson56 Posts: 79
    Really nice but put the specs up
    Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12858984
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Very nice bike - guess this will be selling by the bucketload now it's won WMB's BOTY.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Very nice bike - guess this will be selling by the bucketload now it's won WMB's BOTY.

Indeed, I'd be interested to know how much these 'BOTY' awards for the various magazines help with sales.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Briggo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Indeed, I'd be interested to know how much these 'BOTY' awards for the various magazines help with sales.
    obviously not that much, specialized for example, couldn't even be bothered supplying a bike for it...as for the norco BOTY or not, there's no denying, thats a nice looking bike :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    edited June 2012
    Briggo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

My experience is that they do - ordered my Anthem in March 2009 just after it won the WMB BOTY award and they were struggling to get hold of a 2009 model - eventually got a 'Euro' spec version (same as UK but with the brakes the wrong way round). Also sure I read on another thread somewhere on here that Evans have taken a truckload of orders for the Norco sight recently.

[Edit: here's the link: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12855175. Looks like these awards do help shift bikes based on that.]
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Awesome bike and colour scheme! 8)
  • fat_homer
    fat_homer Posts: 470
    That's very nice that and a quick google suggests it's a very good spec for the money.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

obviously not that much, specialized for example, couldn't even be bothered supplying a bike for it...as for the norco BOTY or not, there's no denying, thats a nice looking bike :D

Now I thought that about the fact that there wasn't a single Spesh bike involved and that it was rather strange, but as Stevo says they usually go out of stock quickly following the release of the magazine.

I bet % wise more people buy bikes solely based on reviews and don't actually have the ability to trial a bike (I've done this once).
  • paulyh101
    paulyh101 Posts: 78
    Frame:2012 SIGHT frame (140mm travel), A.R.T. suspension technology, Post mount , Syntace integrated dropoutsRear Shock:Fox RP 2 BSD rear shock with LV "large volume" air sleeveFork:Fox 32 Float RL FIT 140 mm QR15 Tapered steererFront Derailleur:Shimano XT E type direct mountRear Derailleur:Shimano XTNumber of Gears:20Shifters:Shimano XT I SpecChainset:Shimano XT 2 x 10Chainrings:38/26 tooth chainringsCassette:Shimano SLX HG-81Chain:Shimano HG-74Pedals:Not IncludedFront Brake:Shimano XT (I spec) left front resin w/finRear Brake:Shimano XT Resin pad with fins I specBrake Levers:Shimano XTHandlebars:Norco 6061 butted 740mm width 25mm riseStem:Norco short reach 3D forgedHeadset:FSA 57 E sealed (tapered internal) 1.5" to 1-1/8"Grips:Velo Norco Lock on grips (new design)Rims:Sun Inferno 25 (white with custom decals)Front Hub:Shimano XT 15mm front hub with centre lockRear Hub:Shimano XT 142 x 12mm rear hubSpokes:DT Champion 2.0 PGFront Tyre:Kenda Slant SIX tires 26 x 2.35 KevlarRear Tyre:Kenda Slant SIX tires 26 x 2.35 KevlarSaddle:WTB Silverado Race SL chromoly railSeatpost:Norco SL double bolt 2014 alloy post 3D forgedWeight:12.68kg

The only things i have changed are the pedals to Superstar Nano.sin electric blue neadset spacers the same and all the cable ties are blue and swaped the tyres out to WTB Bronson 2.3 race
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Good spec for the money...