Just collected my new Santa Cruz Bullit...

notax
notax Posts: 138
edited June 2012 in MTB general
The normal order has returned - Miss Notax no longer has more bikes than me :D After a day at the UK Bike Park yesterday I was persuaded by Miss NT to consider a burlier bike than my Orange 5 for the Mega and she suggested a Bullit. Found a mint 2008 example - will post photo in a bit. Totally polished to match my SC Blur 8)

Bike has 180mm travel front and rear and weighs only 34lbs, full XTR and awesome Avid Code 203 brakes. Well chuffed. Hoping to try it at Cwm Down next Sunday... few questions about the suspension though:

The previous owner weighed 15 stone and the bike comes with a titanium Nuke Proof spring rated 600 x 2.75 and a steel one rated 600 x 2.55. I weigh about 11.5 stone so considering switching to a 450lb but no idea whether 2.75 or 2.55 better?

Forks are Rockshox Totem coils 180mm. Never had coil forks before but these are also too stiff for me, no idea what springs I'll need or how to change them though :oops:

The bike rides really well and seems to hide its weight. Also amazed by the 203 Avid Codes which seem even stronger than the Formula The Ones fitted to my O5. Only things I'm intending to change apart from the springs are to fit a dropper post and swap the Crank Brother Mallets for something SPD (shame as they are partly polished too 8) )

Hopefully Miss NT will be along to post a photo of the bike soon....