Pedal recommendations for half toe clips

coopertrooper2001
coopertrooper2001 Posts: 20
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

I am looking for some pedals for my new bike that will take half toe clips (the zefal kind). I have read on here about velo and another brand, but they didnt tickle my fancy.

I would like something that looks funky and is light.

I have been looking at some of the Wellgo pedals (on Chainreactioncycles), but unsure if they take toe clips, e.g:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=52879

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=52881

These do take toe clips as I have them already
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=19605

Anybody got any recommendations?

Comments

• ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    Yes. Either buy clippy pedals or flat pedals. Toe clips should have been banned years ago as they are death traps!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    +one.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    + 1 dead potato
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I beg to differ. The amount of times my mates run out of steam going up a steep hill and I cant get my feet out of spd's quick enough... I prefer to use toe clips, designed for use without straps. It gives me the confidence I dont have with flat pedals and the ability to get my foot down quick if necessary.
  • cooldad
    If you say so, but they won't work with those pedals.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I beg to differ. The amount of times my mates run out of steam going up a steep hill and I cant get my feet out of spd's quick enough... I prefer to use toe clips, designed for use without straps. It gives me the confidence I dont have with flat pedals and the ability to get my foot down quick if necessary.
    Tbh no. Can't see how theyre better than clipless pedals at all frankly, unless you're basically just too scared to use clipless (dunno how that would be as toe clips are fcking deadly).
  • cooldad
    I've actually tried them, easy enough to get your feet out as they don't have straps, but stupidly hard to get your feet into on steep slopes , in mud etc because the pedals are always upside down.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Yep, flats or SPDs (my choice)
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    If the man wants his weird ass pedals thats up to him. Recomendations of weird ass pedals would be more constructive than telling him that his pedal choice is crap.
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    but nowhere near as fun :lol:
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    his weird ass pedal choice is crap.

FTFY
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    His weird ass pedal choice is his own preferance. Personally I would rather nail my feet to wooden pedals than use toe clips.
  • cooldad
    If the man wants his weird ass pedals thats up to him. Recomendations of weird ass pedals would be more constructive than telling him that his pedal choice is crap.
    Toe clips generally only fit on caged pedals, or specifically designed ones, so I can't think of any 'funky' pedals he could use.
    Can you?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    cooldad wrote:
    so I can't think of any 'funky' pedals he could use.
    Can you?

No. But this guy peddles funk.
    bootsy-collins-03.jpg