Andy Pandy says you can achieve alot with 3 wks of training

josame
josame Posts: 1,162
edited June 2012 in Pro race
Where do I sign up for the Tour? :D
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    3 weeks, you means 3 days? Fly to Spain, meet your 'gynaecologist' for 'training plans' and fly home.
    Maybe he'd go upmarket and head for St Moritz instead, under the careful guidance and 'tactical expertise' of JB to look at some motorhomes? :twisted:
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    josame wrote:
    Where do I sign up for the Tour? :D

How many Grand Tours have you got in your legs already?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Three weeks, and 8 stages plus a prologue before the first serious GC test...
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I thought it was interesting that Wiggins said that basically his tour preparation is done and that he'll be spending a lot of time with his family in the next couple of weeks (though i'm sure he will be doing a couple of training rides... :wink: ). If Andy has to train hard for the next few weeks to try and catch up then does that mean that though he might arrive at the Tour with some form, he might also be more tired?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I don't think he can exactly say that he's fecked and has nt really got a chance though can he...even if it might be the truth.

That said, no one ever thought he had a shot at victory so is he really in a different position..?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Jez mon wrote:

I reackon Andy Shleck will need to be trying to take time out of the others way before stage 9...theres even a summit finish before then.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    I thought it was interesting that Wiggins said that basically his tour preparation is done and that he'll be spending a lot of time with his family in the next couple of weeks (though i'm sure he will be doing a couple of training rides... :wink: ). If Andy has to train hard for the next few weeks to try and catch up then does that mean that though he might arrive at the Tour with some form, he might also be more tired?
    That's how it was for fat Jan Ullrich back in the day.
  • andrew_s
    andrew_s Posts: 2,511
    An article about Andy titled "The new Jan Ullrich"
    Jan was also noted for coming second in the tour.
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Jez mon wrote:

I reackon Andy Shleck will need to be trying to take time out of the others way before stage 9...theres even a summit finish before then.

Yes he'll need 20 minutes before each TT judging by his recent run of form.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.